Books and good reads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Books and good reads [Merged]

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Re: What Is Everyone Reading At the Moment?

evo said:
'First come the money,then come the power.Then come the woman...."

Al Pacino

;)

Eliminette the meedle men, I say. (accent's no good,dmx) Heh, maybe Al Pacino said that too. He certainly did it often enough. Was that Scarface? I mean the screenplay not the film, of course. We're staying right on thread.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

lol,quite right,I forgot the accent.Good to see I'm not the only sad sack that if pressed could recite almost the entire film verbatim. :-[

;D

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

I'm going to Las Vegas in March so going by your advice D-evo and Bubbles I should:

a) In poker, get as high a hand as possible without busting and;
b) Demand that chicks take off their clothes whilst I'm playing ?

Sounds good to me.

dmx

Formulating Intrinsic Mechanisms
Apr 21, 2004

Dyer'ere said:
evo said:
'First come the money,then come the power.Then come the woman...."

Al Pacino

;)

Eliminette the meedle men, I say. (accent's no good,dmx) Heh, maybe Al Pacino said that too. He certainly did it often enough. Was that Scarface? I mean the screenplay not the film, of course. We're staying right on thread.

Eliminet the meedle men, make(which equates to mate) LOL

dmx

Formulating Intrinsic Mechanisms
Apr 21, 2004

Redford said:
I'm going to Las Vegas in March so going by your advice D-evo and Bubbles I should:

a) In poker, get as high a hand as possible without busting and;
b) Demand that chicks take off their clothes whilst I'm playing ?

Sounds good to me. 

if you keep getting high hands without busting and your pile keeps getting higher, you wont have to demand, it will just happen redders, LOL

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond

Dyer'ere said:
The Shipping News and Struggletown.

I really liked VGL. My last holiday novel.

BTW I believe the object of Poker is to get a woman to take all her clothes off.

I believe the object is get a woman to take her clothes off and then Poke her.....     ah never mind

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

I was thinking of types of Poker.

Strip ;)
Show ::)
Stud 8)
Carribbean ;D

I don't know why, exactly. My mind just wandered. Probably the smell of jasmine coming in the window.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW

I'm currently reading John Sandford's "Shadow prey". But I'm a really big fan of Michael Connelly's "Harry bosch" series. I'm about to read his latest installment called "The Narrows" but I would encourage anyone who is into detective novels to read his book call "Angels flight." Absolutely brilliant.
If anyone likes detective novels with a hint of supernatural mixed in with some really nasty characters, an author with a similar name, John Connolly has some great books including "Bad men" and the "Killing kind".
Yes...My wife is a Librarian. (Late fees?? what late fees? ;D)

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA

a book called touching my fathers soul by jamling tenzing norgay into thin air by jon krakouer and harry potter the order of the phoenix. mainly like history stories have just finished a book called bury my heart at wounded knee a book about the north american indians.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121

The Age website http://www.theage.com.au/

Tsunami heartache :'(

but glad tidings that Super Elegant will return for the Rubiton Stakes :)

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert

I'm reading A History of Venice which is a great book although it is taking me a long time to read,and also Three Men and a Raft by adventurer Ben Kozal.

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com

Thought Vernon God Little didn't really take off until halfway through, but was just an absolute cracker from his trip down to Mexico onwards.

Reading:
"The Scar" by China Meiville
"A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" by Joyce
Various emails from work
The manual for "Rome: Total War"
Wikipedia
The READ ME for the php code that's going to power the next version of www.puntroad.com
My To Do list

Phanto - stay away from the microsoft server gear and get on to Apache. . seriously. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

I ordered Tigers of Old from the Tiger Den today so that will be on my reading list soon.

It's also been suggested I read a UNIX for Dummies manual. Helpppppp.....I don't even know what unix is, ha. I just like talking footy. :-[

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com

Rosy - Unix is a *real* operating system. PRE wouldn't be possible without it.

I like talking footy too, but . .well this is the general board. . .and there's no footy for another 43 days. <sigh>

spampants

play it loud tiger
Nov 9, 2004
Melbourne

Hmmm, reading lots as l work for a publisher l are currently reading some March titles.
Bling the novel. all about the hip hop world of Miami, not bad so far. Bling-bling = slang eg. elaborate jewellery, esp diamonds, luxury vehiles, expensive rims..and A tiger star in the making ;D
And Dancing with the devil, true memoir of being in an abusive relationship. Like the book A child called IT.
And the da vinci code illustrated..

Bingo!

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 21, 2004
Melbourne

I just finished the two swords by R.A Salvatore. Based on the drow elf drizzt do'urden based in the forgotten realms dungeons and dragons setting.

it was a bit dissapointing to tell the truth. i could write a better story than it