Boss Quiz 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boss Quiz 3

Well done Jackstar, Barry Young wore 53 then 20

The only unanswered question is question 2 - Along with Maurice Rioli (who ended up coming back) which other player was recruited to Sydney in the late 80s?

OK a couple of clues:

He was a young promising player for us who the Swans swooped on after some good performances.

He didn't play many games for Sydney as he was always injured.

Boss,

Allan McKellar did play with the Swans. And so did Mark Eustice. Is it still someone else?

no not Franga (we recruited him from Sydney, this player left us for Sydney)
Franga's a big Tiger fan I used to see him at the footy quite often.

Hi Boss.
I actually know both of them so I was a bit confused about the Alan McKellar thing. He went there for the social side of things.
Just in regards to Wally ( Mark) Eustice. He is working for DIRTY DOG Glasses who are Richmonds Ball Sponsor.

jackstar said:
Hi Boss.
I actually know both of them so I was a bit confused about the Alan McKellar thing. He went there for the social side of things.
Just in regards to Wally ( Mark) Eustice. He is working for DIRTY DOG Glasses who are Richmonds Ball Sponsor.

No worries Jackstar I didn't think he played for the. I could just imagine McKellar down Oxford Street though!!!
I mentioned that Mark Eustice works there and got us the ball sponsor on this forum a couple of months ago.

Does anybody know the answer to Question 2? Another clue........he was a promising ruckman.

The final word on Allan McKellar is that he went to Sydney in 1992, played 2 games in the seniors (no goals) and 4 games in the reserves (4 goals). He injured his shoulder and was delisted at the end of 1992.

Talk about desperate trivia!

Thanks Tigerblood, i'll have to research my questions in future rather then relying on memory!!!

OK, does anyone know the answer to Ques 2...........another clue, he wore Number 15 for us.

I think we should organise a PuntRoadEnd table at the next club trivia night.

Seeing I've probably only got 1 question correct out of all the quizzes I'll volunteer to be drinks waitress, ha.

I'm good at general knowledge quizzes, but obviously crap at footy ones.

In fact you could ask all these questions again tomorrow and I still wouldn't be able to remember them.

rosy3 said:
I think we should organise a PuntRoadEnd table at the next club trivia night.

Seeing I've probably only got 1 question correct out of all the quizzes I'll volunteer to be drinks waitress, ha.
Great idea. I'm happy for you to be drinks waitress Rosy as long as you keep your top on!! ;D (joke)

The Boss said:
I'm happy for you to be drinks waitress Rosy as long as you keep your top on!! ;D (joke)

Haha no joke, very wise move I can assure you. :rollin

Back to the quiz.....

The clues so far are:

- He was a promising young ruckman
- Injury prone
- Wore No 15 for us

Last Clue:

Tim Bar_ing (fill in the missing letter)

I've run into a bit of form. Forget the drinks waiting now, I'm on the panel. ;D

Well done Rosy, I don't know how you guessed it was Tim Barling ;D ;D I think you should captain the trivia team.

Tim Barling! I knew I'd kick myself when you told us Boss. What a blast from the past. I love that dark era of the 80s and 90s when the players were so bad that virtually every one of them has passed into obscurity.

Thanks for the quiz, although I wasted half the afternoon thinking about it when I should have been studying!