Bowden for Johnston! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bowden for Johnston!

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Just had a chat to Joel at the rapid creek markets. He recons he is a bit perplexed that he didn’t get a goal of the week nomination. I must say a became very self conscious fan boyish during our brief conversation and was fairly ashamed of myself:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Father/Son pick for Labor.
Joel is a savagely underrated footballer, absolute champion who played so many roles. But was always a thinker, always interested in things outside the football bubble. He will go far. Same as Daniel Jackson. Should actually start a thread, what do ex Tigers do? Who is the next Benny Gale? (probe Dan Jackson, I disliked him as a footballer but he's a natural leader and will have powerful influence in the future). Who are our commercial power brokers in waiting?

Jake King runs his own business i believe.

Reactions: 1 user

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
Looks like Joel has got up in Johnston, much to the relief of the Gunner government! There was a swing against him of around 12% but this was not enough to see Labor lose the seat. He is a quality candidate from what I have seen and that got him across the line. Interestingly the Greens outpolled the CLP but Territory Alliance, the new party was second preferentially.

Mind you he will have to do it all again in August in the NT election.

Reactions: 2 users