Bowden for Johnston! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bowden for Johnston!

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I came across the silver fox with the smooth left slipper, our man Joel’s poster the other day and took a quick snap. He door knocked a mate, a fellow tigers tragic who was quite thrilled.

499025F7-1CF8-4095-B16B-4E856B1C3833.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I came across the silver fox with the smooth left slipper, our man Joel’s poster the other day and took a quick snap. He door knocked a mate, a fellow tigers tragic who was quite thrilled.

View attachment 9514

I thought Joel was a monty to take over as well but Newman got the nod.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It's good that Joel is playing for the right team:cool:

He shouldn't have any trouble dodging those pesky journos.

Reactions: 6 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
It's good that Joel is playing for the right team:cool:

He shouldn't have any trouble dodging those pesky journos.

I was down at the rapid creek shops yesterday where one of the polling booths was and did a nice little re-enactment for the liberal candidate (with commentary). Unfortunately Joel was not there to see me in my glory. The liberal bloke was left clutching his how to vote card nonplussed:)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Malcolm ‘I’m reinventing myself as a climate and social justice activist even though I didn’t have the guts to do anything while I was PM’ Turnbull sits neatly with Malcolm ‘I gained power as result of Australia’s cia led coup but now am all about social justice’ Faraser in my book. Joel Bowden is the working mans advocate with the beautiful left boot. The silver fox hair do is all they have in common I recon.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
is that a NT state seat FB?

Is he a chance?

be great to carry on the great tradition of former tiger legends occupying the NT parliament

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Will be on Feb 29th. The previous incumbent was Labor so Joel has a good chance of winning.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Greens have put him last on how to vote cards, as they have every ALP candidate. They really are petulant children.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Mmmm. They did that in tassie when labour didn’t follow through with election promises. Can’t say I think it’s a good strategy. Maybe changing the format of the cards giving an outline of the other parties credentials is a better idea

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
The Greens have put him last on how to vote cards, as they have every ALP candidate. They really are petulant children.

The reason for that is that Labor’s election platform included a scientific inquiry into fracking which found that it is safe so long as checks & balances are in place and so, instead of banning it like they’d hoped, it is now permitted.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The reason for that is that Labor’s election platform included a scientific inquiry into fracking which found that it is safe so long as checks & balances are in place and so, instead of banning it like they’d hoped, it is now permitted.
The Country Liberal Party's platform is to expand fracking, so worse. But the Greens preference them because they want to supplant Labor.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
The Country Liberal Party's platform is to expand fracking, so worse. But the Greens preference them because they want to supplant Labor.

No you were right the first time they are petulant children. Anyway what self-respecting Greens voter would actually preference the CLP above Labor? Dumbest strategy ever!

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
No you were right the first time they are petulant children. Anyway what self-respecting Greens voter would actually preference the CLP above Labor? Dumbest strategy ever!
Plenty do, all over the country. That's why they're called Libs Who Love Trees. It might change a bit now that Bolshie Brandt is federal leader, but Di Natale was a classic neoliberal.

Last edited:

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Brilliant, the fact we have players taking major steps in the community after their time at Richmond further enhances our brand. The more Richmond people in powerful positions the better.

Joel is a savagely underrated footballer, absolute champion who played so many roles. But was always a thinker, always interested in things outside the football bubble. He will go far. Same as Daniel Jackson. Should actually start a thread, what do ex Tigers do? Who is the next Benny Gale? (probe Dan Jackson, I disliked him as a footballer but he's a natural leader and will have powerful influence in the future). Who are our commercial power brokers in waiting?

Reactions: 2 users