Boxing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boxing

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Boxing - Pacquiao vs Mosley (8th May + live links!)

Jukes Extended said:
He is well past his prime....what did u expect?

I'd like to see Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Pacman.

everyone would.....but will Floyd finally step up to the line?

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Tiger74 said:
everyone would.....but will Floyd finally step up to the line?

a rumoured $130m purse for each fighter win or loss will guarantee the fight will happen

pacman would destroy him like he has done to everyone stupid enough to get in a ring with him. remembering the ricky hatton fight and seeing hatton sprawled on the mat like a spineless jelly fish is a particularly good memory

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

the hatton knockout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1DXmoERWpE&feature=related

but my favourite KO is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97Qq8s119s

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

LidsBling&Cotch said:
a rumoured $130m purse for each fighter win or loss will guarantee the fight will happen

pacman would destroy him like he has done to everyone stupid enough to get in a ring with him. remembering the ricky hatton fight and seeing hatton sprawled on the mat like a spineless jelly fish is a particularly good memory

Dunno LBC. Mayweather at his best was a force. But his power and speed have been leaving him slowly, still 41-0 no chump. Reagrdless Pacman has been the one stopping the fight with his drug testing stance, not Pretty Boy. But it will happen hopefully.

And believe it or not, I saw Floyd Mayweather twice while in New York last month, he cleared out the Footlocker in Times Sqaure I was in and dropped 16 on sneakers in about 40 mins. Also saw him at the Knicks game I went to, sitting next to 50 Cent Courtside. Both times got a look at him from about 10 feet. There is nothing off him.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

SCOOP said:
Dunno LBC. Mayweather at his best was a force. But his power and speed have been leaving him slowly, still 41-0 no chump. Reagrdless Pacman has been the one stopping the fight with his drug testing stance, not Pretty Boy. But it will happen hopefully.

And believe it or not, I saw Floyd Mayweather twice while in New York last month, he cleared out the Footlocker in Times Sqaure I was in and dropped 16 on sneakers in about 40 mins. Also saw him at the Knicks game I went to, sitting next to 50 Cent Courtside. Both times got a look at him from about 10 feet. There is nothing off him.

pac is holding all the aces and has played this beautifully building up the hype and maximising his purse. clearly the best pound for pound since jones jr. mayweather certainly no bum but well past his prime and will only last as long as pacman lets him

dont let his light frame fool ya ;D he'd knock us both out even sitting down :boxing

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008

LidsBling&Cotch said:
pac is holding all the aces and has played this beautifully building up the hype and maximising his purse. clearly the best pound for pound since jones jr. mayweather certainly no bum but well past his prime and will only last as long as pacman lets him

dont let his light frame fool ya ;D he'd knock us both out even sitting down :boxing

Pac has been taken the distance his past 3 fights and Mayweather a bigger challenge than his last 3 opponents IMO. Agree it has been well done to build the hype for a massive payday.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Big Cat Lover said:
Pac has been taken the distance his past 3 fights and Mayweather a bigger challenge than his last 3 opponents IMO. Agree it has been well done to build the hype for a massive payday.

yeah thats fine but the way he beats his opponent is systematic and so controlled that he barely takes risks. i thought he could have finished him off earlier and looked like he was enjoying it which isn't unusual as boxers do like going the distance when they are in control.

no biggie that pac has gone the distance as mayweather over his last 6 bouts went the distance against mosley marquez baldomir judah and de la hoya but that could have gone either way and took 10 rounds to knock hatten out so his form line isn't great and has only fought twice in nearly 4 years

taking nothing away from mayweather but pacman easssssssssssy

on another not how badly does boxing need a young flamboyant heavyweight champions that can knock people out? the russians are boring and just beat blokes with the reach advantage

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

not so sure we will ever see it happen , ( Floyd vs Pac),

Its really hard to know what the Mayweather camp are up to ,

Do they really suspect the Pacman of performing enhancing drugs or are they just being difficult?

Will Pacman meet his over the top demands with testing ?

Mayweather is a pretty smart guy, but its hard to know exactly what he is thinking,

Its got a Hagler vs Leonard feel to it, and we never thought that would happen and it did,

Fingers crossed.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

LidsBling&Cotch said:
yeah thats fine but the way he beats his opponent is systematic and so controlled that he barely takes risks. i thought he could have finished him off earlier and looked like he was enjoying it which isn't unusual as boxers do like going the distance when they are in control.

no biggie that pac has gone the distance as mayweather over his last 6 bouts went the distance against mosley marquez baldomir judah and de la hoya but that could have gone either way and took 10 rounds to knock hatten out so his form line isn't great and has only fought twice in nearly 4 years

taking nothing away from mayweather but pacman easssssssssssy

on another not how badly does boxing need a young flamboyant heavyweight champions that can knock people out? the russians are boring and just beat blokes with the reach advantage

Yeah, I agree with that. I think 2000-03 Mayweather may have been able to give Pacman a real challenge.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

I have spent a lot of time working in The Philippines over many years and you simply cannot believe how big Pacquiao is there . He is the biggest name in the country without a doubt . They really only have had 2 sporting heros , Pacquiao and Efren Reyes the Pool player .

Either would be President if they ran in that train wreck of a country . Pacquiao is already a Politician. He struggles to put a coherent sentence together but that doesn't seem to bother them. He sure can fight however .

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

http://ringtalk.com/manny-pacquiao-steroids-hgh-insulin-oscar-de-la-hoya-miguel-cotto

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne

never rule out anything in boxing, but this has a wiff of BS about it to me. Of all people, why would his sparring partner give him injections? Surely there are people in his corner with medical experience and a stronger bond to him (than just a sparring partner) who would be doing this? Also if true, why go to such lengths with a blogger? Wouldn't you try to get some cash from a proper sports journo for the exclusive?

That being said, he opened himself up to this issue with the protracted negotiations over the drug testing lead in time for the proposed Mayweather

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Did anyone see Brad Pitt knock out Daniel Ammann on Friday night?

Cracking right hand to end it. You get some good fights on Friday night.

The main event was pretty average with the heavy weights but the undercard was pretty solid.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

tannerztigers said:
Green has just lost at the end of the ninth!! Career over?
Went & watched this fight,Tarver did a real job on Green.l took $7.20 for the ko & $4 for the win so l'm a happy man.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Tarver smashed Green. It was a clinic.

That is what happens when you put a real experienced pro in against a bloke who has a lot of guts, but not the technical skill.

Green's career has been well managed, but it looks over now unless Mundine is prepared for one last money fight.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Please tell me someone else watched the Mayweather Jr. vs Ortiz bout.

Funniest fight I have ever seen In my life!!!

Ortiz accidentally headbutted Mayweather in the clinch,
Ortiz was apologizing and then BOOM BOOM Mayweather ko'd him as he was doing so.
Jeez what a punk, very sportsmanlike.

Then the post fight interview was epic!
Larry Merchant got stuck into him about the dog act....Floyd didn't like it at all.
Floyd said you don't know anything about boxing and HBO should fire you hahaha.
Larry returned with if I was 15 years younger I'd give you a beating.......classic.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Yep, it was amazing.

Money Mayweather is all kinds of awesome. Loved 50 Cent wearing the belts on the way in.

Ortiz threw the head butt cause he was gone. Couldn’t get a glove on Floyd (but who ever has?).

Give him the old “Yeah we cool son... BAM!”

Then the after fight stuff was even better, Floyd went into full “Money” mode and gave Larry Merchant what for.

Say what you want, but I love boxing.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

SCOOP said:
Yep, it was amazing.

Money Mayweather is all kinds of awesome. Loved 50 Cent wearing the belts on the way in.

Ortiz threw the head butt cause he was gone. Couldn’t get a glove on Floyd (but who ever has?).

Give him the old “Yeah we cool son... BAM!”

Then the after fight stuff was even better, Floyd went into full “Money” mode and gave Larry Merchant what for.

Say what you want, but I love boxing.

Needs to stop ducking Pac-man.