Boxing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boxing

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Barnzy said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/22/2961396.htm?site=sport&section=all

Now Green has come out and stated that Briggs was legitimately hurt and there was nothing wrong with it. ::)

If that is the case then I am suprised Briggs wasn't at least floored when the fighters touched gloves pre-fight.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Streak said:
Anthony Mundine :rofl

Yep, as he said before the fight, time for him to move to the US. Better take his lawnmower with him.

Doubt he will go now, this could be career over for him, he will struggle to get marquee fights now

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Choc left his run to the USA too late. Actually meet him a few times and he is a super guy. Nothing like the showboat you see in the media.
I think his biggest issues is that he has had terrible management.

He should have left three years ago when he was in his prime. At his best he did have the tools to make it ISO but he just kept fighting bums. Sooner or later one will get you, like last last night. Better off getting beaten by a respected fighter then a nobody.

Boxing is a super sport but it just isn't happening at the minute. You need a heavyweight with style, having big fights in the USA.

The Klitschko brothers won't fight each other and that is the one fight that every wants to see. The fight this week with Chisora may be a good one.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Navy's a fan of the Man but that fight last night will hurt his career.

As others have said should have gone to the states earlier.

Not that navy's a huge boxing fan by any means, but since he's been going down in weight a lot of late his condition seems to have wained in navy's eye.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm with Scoop. Three-four years ago Mundine was a super boxer. Quick, evasive, smooth, all the tools (except a knockout punch). But his management took the soft option, knowing they could make good money every time he fought in Australia and that one loss would jeopardise the cash cow. Well, now it has, and he never got to show us how good he could be. I think Mundine was a little scared of losing too, I don't reckon he ever got over the Ottke knockout. The fact he fought 20 Australians in 40-odd fights says it all.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Navy Days said:
Navy's a fan of the Man but that fight last night will hurt his career.

As others have said should have gone to the states earlier.

Not that navy's a huge boxing fan by any means, but since he's been going down in weight a lot of late his condition seems to have wained in navy's eye.
Shouldn't it finish Mundine's career?

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
Boxing - Pacquiao vs Mosley (8th May + live links!)

I was just wondering if anyone follows boxing here?? I don't really think we get much boxing coverage in Australia, so it limits it's followers.. I havn't had Foxtel for a few years either so not sure how much is on there these days, but i'm a big fan of boxing...

There is a big fight coming up between Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley...

Anyone planning on paying for or watching this one?

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
Cool! we can get a little boxing thread going here...

Is the Pacquiao fight airing on Foxtel? I'm just thinking I can put in with a friend to buy it and watch it around there... Usually just stream it on the internet...

I agree that Pacquiao is the best boxer in the world at the moment.... Think he'll destroy Mosley who's just a bit past it.... Mosley probably has the best chance out of Pac's last few opponents to actually KO him, but I don't think it will happen...

I'm just really really really dieing for a Pacquiao v Mayweather fight.. I think it'll be fight of the decade if Mayweather has the balls to take the fight...

Jukes, originally I didn't quite like MMA much... Kinda felt like it's a bit too much like street fighting which i'm really adverse to... But with ONEHD and 7mate airing a lot of MMA and UFC, i've found myself watching it a little bit more and having a growing appreciating for technical aspects... Which is why I like boxing so much...