Boxing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boxing

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Nor does leysy, but like the cut of Geale's jib. Tasmanian & all.

Question for the boxing lovers, is he the countries best boxer of the past 20 years??

Some achievement he's done.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Leysy Days said:
Nor does leysy, but like the cut of Geale's jib. Tasmanian & all.

Question for the boxing lovers, is he the countries best boxer of the past 20 years??

Some achievement he's done.
I would say Kostya Tszyu, if you count him, but I was a massive fan of his going back to his win in the amateurs here as a Russian. Haven't seen much of Geale but it's a fantastic achievement.

I reckon Choc had all the talent in the world, just not the stomach. To be fair to Mundine, a lot of people depend on him for money so you can see why he takes the easy pay days he does. But he could have been a great. Now Geale is, in the same weight division. Damien Hooper, who just fought light-heavy at the Olympics, will be our next contender I reckon.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
spook said:
I would say Kostya Tszyu, if you count him, but I was a massive fan of his going back to his win in the amateurs here as a Russian. Haven't seen much of Geale but it's a fantastic achievement.

I reckon Choc had all the talent in the world, just not the stomach. To be fair to Mundine, a lot of people depend on him for money so you can see why he takes the easy pay days he does. But he could have been a great. Now Geale is, in the same weight division. Damien Hooper, who just fought light-heavy at the Olympics, will be our next contender I reckon.

Agree on Tszyu. Would have like to see him take on Ricky Hatton in his prime and not whne he was almost done.

Choc can fight, he just doesn't help himself. But lost his power. Hasn't KO'D anyone since 2007. Still staggered that Choc beat Geale. I think the result would be vastly different now.

Really looking forward to the Austin Trout v Miguel Cotto bout.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
RIP to Emanuel Steward imo the greatest boxing trainer of his era, his record as a trainer was 34-2-1.
Worked with Wladimir Klitschko, Lennox Lewis and Oscar De La Hoya just to name a few.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jukes Extended said:
RIP to Emanuel Steward imo the greatest boxing trainer of his era, his record as a trainer was 34-2-1.
Worked with Wladimir Klitschko, Lennox Lewis and Oscar De La Hoya just to name a few.

Fair stable

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
WesternTiger said:
See Hector "Macho" Camacho has been declared clinically brain dead after being shot.

Yeah.

No matter what people think of him, he certainly didn't dodge opponents. Has an impressive list of fights against some of the real greats of boxing.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Putting aside all the crap talk from Mundine,

Im intrigued to see how this goes,

I have this feeling from watching all the Geale fights, that he may be slightly overated here in Aus , but Im still tipping him to beat Mundine tonight,

Its hard to take anything away from Geale because of his achievements so far , but he just seems to lack something that sends fear into his opponents, he is a high energy walk up fighter that works with nice angles , relies on high work rate to out point his opposite, but is probably lacking in the power department

We know what he will bring tonight, I think Mundine is almost the unknown this time around because of his lack of form, his best ( that was some time ago) could be enough to not only win but knock Geale out, but his worst, he hasnt been impressive for some time, will struggle against Geales fast paced fight plan , which is what Im leaning towards.

But I would not be that surprised if Mundine once again gets under the skin of the Aussie sporting public, just like he did with Danny Green, Danny was also favorite and was supposed to bash Mundine from pillar to post .