Boxing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boxing

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Legends of 1980 said:
;D
Geale ' I really enjoyed puniching him' ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I was pretty happy with that call myself.
Pretty boring fight. Geale is obviously a good fighter and very textbook but hasn't got a knockout punch as already mentioned.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Mundine past it and you seriously wonder about his mental health,

For the first time I seriously thought , is he actually crazy ?

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Easy win from Geale. How quick is he... Lightning.

The win ranks nowhere near his victories in Germany which are still vastly underrated, but this fight will at least help his profile in this country to get the plaudits he deserves.

He will likely fight Felix Sturm next to re-unify the IBF & WBA belts. Hopefully in Aus.

Win that & there could be some monster fights in store.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Great result only thing that wouldve been better wouldve been to see Mundine crashing to the deck hard after some serious pain being layed on him.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Easy win from Geale. How quick is he... Lightning.

Agree won every round. But if he can't knock over Choc than there has to be questions asked about his power.

The big pay day for him after the Sturm/Soliman fight should be with Kid Chocolate in a unifaction bout. That would be a fight worth watching.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah he lacks a killer punch, but with his speed, lightning jab, fitness and defence he will be a handful for anyone.

After Sturm, does Martinez fit in anywhere Scooper?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Yeah he lacks a killer punch, but with his speed, lightning jab, fitness and defence he will be a handful for anyone.

After Sturm, does Martinez fit in anywhere Scooper?

He might, Martinez has a fight with Martin Murray in Buenos Aires in April. After that maybe. But there is a lot of talk of a rematch with Julio César Chávez Carrasco.

Pretty glowing endoresement of Geale from Dan Rafael, who is the best boxing journo in the world. Talk of a fight with Matthew Macklin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/3041/future-is-bright-for-geale

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
R.I.P Billy Gleeson
1927-2013, Buried today at Bacchus Marsh
Middleweight champion of Victoria. 37 pro fights, 15W, 18L, 4D
My Dad's cousin, and a lovely man. Billy was a brawler rather than a stylist, and fought when boxing was controlled by gangsters and SP bookies, dunno how much has changed, but it was a tough time, and he was a tough bloke

Link

Billy is the one punching

[Edited to fix link]

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mundine copped an absolute flogging from Joshua Clottey, he lost on points after being sat on his arse 5 times!!
I wonder if he will claim he won the fight just like he did in his last fight against Geale who gave him a boxing lesson.
One of the funnist things i've seen in boxing was a Thai boxer who tried jumping the ropes while entering the ring
and ending flat on his face. During the fight he got decked, and then starting doing push ups while the ref was counting him out,