Boxing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Boxing

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Why the hell would Geale get back in the ring with the mouth, has nothing what so ever to offer, get more out of his sparring partners .....not long till the big heavyweight bout

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched a replay of the Tyson/ Jones fight on YouTube. Glad I didn’t pay for that rubbish.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tim Tszyu has just destroyed a quality opponent in Dennis Hogan. He was already the #1 contender for I think the WBC super-welterweight title, so you' have to think a world title fight can't be far away. Super-impressive, gets better with every fight and has knockout power in either hand. His left uppercut to put Hogan down was vicious.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh Tszyu is very good although Hogan is now 28-4 and didn't fight much like a bloke who thought he could win, more trying to survive.

As you say Tszyu is on track to get a world title fight which will definitely be worth watching.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Two of his losses were in world title fights, Jazz. And one of those was a robbery. But he looked outmatched from round 2 last night.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Two of his losses were in world title fights, Jazz. And one of those was a robbery. But he looked outmatched from round 2 last night.
Yeh he's no bum. Good to have a boxer we can get right behind too. There's no *smile* about him.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeh he's no bum. Good to have a boxer we can get right behind too. There's no *smile* about him.
Mate, he's seriously good. I love seeing a bloke who comfortably switches stance. There were a few times last night Hogan was moving to the inside and instead of chasing him, Tim just stepped forward with his right foot into southpaw. Fury does it all the time, and more boxers should. It's far more efficient footwork and loads up the left as a rear hook, which Tszyu used to devastating effect a number of times.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
See that mouth Zerafa has used covid as an excuse to pull out of the Tszyu fight. You can stfu now, *smile*.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brutal beatdown by Tyson Fury on Deontay Wilder. A blip in the 4th round when Wilder recovered from going down in the 3rd to put Fury down twice, but otherwise a dominant display by the Gypsy King ending in an 11th round KO.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Brutal beatdown by Tyson Fury on Deontay Wilder. A blip in the 4th round when Wilder recovered from going down in the 3rd to put Fury down twice, but otherwise a dominant display by the Gypsy King ending in an 11th round KO.
Sounds like a good fight.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sounds like a good fight.
It was action-packed. Wilder landed a few big shots and hurt Fury two or three times but Fury landed more than twice as many and gave him a proper beating - put him down in rounds 3, 10 and finally 11 when Wilder went down like a felled tree and the ref rightly waved it off immediately. The commentators called it an all-time classic but other than r4 Wilder maybe only won r1 - maybe - due to greater activity. Otherwise, like their previous two fights, Fury won every other round. Although Wilder was brave and he even landed a few good shots in r10 after he got up. It was a bloody good fight thanks to Wilder's r4 evening things up for a bit, and both fighter's willingness to mix it up. Fury's just too good for him.

To me it looked like r4 was all heart and muscle memory from Wilder, ditto his rally in r10. He looked ready to go at any time after r3. He got beat up.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It was action-packed. Wilder landed a few big shots and hurt Fury two or three times but Fury landed more than twice as many and gave him a proper beating - put him down in rounds 3, 10 and finally 11 when Wilder went down like a felled tree and the ref rightly waved it off immediately. The commentators called it an all-time classic but other than r4 Wilder maybe only won r1 - maybe - due to greater activity. Otherwise, like their previous two fights, Fury won every other round. Although Wilder was brave and he even landed a few good shots in r10 after he got up. It was a bloody good fight thanks to Wilder's r4 evening things up for a bit, and both fighter's willingness to mix it up. Fury's just too good for him.
Cheers.

Fury is a very skilful boxer.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Good summary spook. Glad I watched it, was thinking it would be a $59 dud. Fury is surprisingly fast for a 278lb monster. And fit given he was clearly carrying extra weight. And he’s got a fair set of pipes too. I’ve never been a fan due to his homophobic slurs and he is a god man but he was gracious in victory.
both men showed they are seriously tough.

Last edited:

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Cheers.

Fury is a very skilful boxer.
Quite an intelligent boxer too. So many times I have seen knocked down boxers get up too quickly on unsteady legs, in an act of bravado to show everyone that they aren't hurt. Only to then cost them the fight very quickly thereafter. Particularly if they are a mouthy self promoter telling the world how good they are. Zab Judah against Kostya Tszyu was a perfect example.

But Fury took his time, gathered himself, didn't get up with any great rush. In the heat of the moment it never ceases to amaze me how often professional boxers fail to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Watched the fight again last night. Amazed Wilder stayed on his feet in rounds 7 and 9 (the ropes helped in r7). Fury gave him a deadset pummelling.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Teófimo López says he won the fight​

Teófimo López says he knows he won the fight and that everyone knows he won the fight.

He says he thinks he won 10 of the 12 rounds.

The crowd are booing him.

Kambosos calls him delusional.

Have to agree.

"Take it like a champ, let's do it again in Australia," Kambosos says. "80,000 fans in Australia, let's do it again."

Reactions: 2 users