• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brad Crouch

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Yes please. He is a poor mans Cripps but he is a ball magnet. We need that inside clearance grunt.
Damaged goods coming from the crows. ..... dunno why we don't just develop J Ross at a 3rd of the $'s

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Can't believe the talk on this.

Simply doesn't suit our style, thus be staggered if we chase him. We never go after mids that don't cover the turf like this guy.

Not to mention we have no money in the cap. And what we do, should be spent on our own.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Brad Crouch will likely be pursued by whoever doesn't get Coniglio I reckon.

He is a chance still with the RFC though there was a strong interest in him 12 months ago.

Jack Ross may dissuade the Tigers somewhat from going there again, but he is a quality inside mid, and Chimpa is starting to show signs of frailty with his ongoing hamstring issues.

I think the Tigers would still be in the conversation tbh
Hope they know it and decide to trade pick 3.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Brad Crouch is a ******* spud. Surely he's surplus to our needs and one we would avoid now that we have Ross, Stack and RCD looking promising. Rather chase a young KPD.
Whether he is surplus to our needs or not at the price is a separate question but one thing that is certain is that he is not a spud. When fit he is a high quality inside mid. The Crouches are not Adelaide’s problem, it’s because they don’t have the outside quality to take advantage of the work they do.

Reactions: 1 user

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
We should 100% take advantage of our reputation as a destination club right now.

We have the capacity to finally attract top talent as free agents without paying a salary cap “bonus” to lure them across.

Tom Lynch and the next few free agents we attract will be the fruit that only grow for those rare, chronically successful clubs with a standout culture.

The result?

Our “doom loop” has changed hemispheres and turned into a “winning loop”. The rich get richer.

As for Crouch, given that most gun free agents make up their mind on a new club 12-18 months out, if he goes down the FA route, he’ll likely be confirming his plans around now.

If feel there’s no trade this year it could suggest he’s chosen a free club for 2020, and given our longstanding interest, reputation, form, and Cotchin’s injuries, we might mutually be the best fit.

If he wants more money and a faster exit from the shopping bag club, he‘ll request to be traded to a minnow club two months from now.

Either way, we’re in the running for another gun player at no trade cost and no salary cap “bonus” cost that most clubs need to pay to lure somebody across.

The only debate worth having IMO is whether he fits into the Lynch category or the Prestia category.

Reactions: 4 users

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
Whether he is surplus to our needs or not at the price is a separate question but one thing that is certain is that he is not a spud. When fit he is a high quality inside mid. The Crouches are not Adelaide’s problem, it’s because they don’t have the outside quality to take advantage of the work they do.
Definitely not surplus to our needs for the price IMO.

We’re losing two AA quality midfielders soon.

Cotchin & Edwards will be 30+ next year and Prestia is our youngest proven A-grade midfielder.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
He wanted out last year.
The same bloke that told me martin will stay and then told me Lynch has chosen us. Way before it was common knowledge.
He told everyone last weekend he wants out again and that his preferred club is us.
Now all of a sudden Stkilda are getting ready to give him a offer.
If it's the person i am thinking of he also called Prestia a year out too, now every facebook "AFL trade" page is running with the "breaking news"

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
When the dust settles the most significant player looking for a new home will be Jack Martin.
By his standards he has had a very quiet year.
Always the optimist I thought he might get to us last year, his mate Lynch notwithstanding.
Maybe he will make it in time for 2020?

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Where has this B Crouch talk been reported? Anywhere?

I call BS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Where has this B Crouch talk been reported? Anywhere?

I call BS
It's a rumour file, any and all sorts of bull shite acceptable. Sometimes there's even a kernel of truth buried among the dross, just gotta sift it out so ya can claim Eureka.

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
Zipps is far more accurate (and definitely more humorous) than Browne.
WE will loose Ellis (500-550),and crotch will get 650000,which leaves us the same roughly as this year with cap going up 250,000,we can afford to give a first plus 2nd rounder as we are choc full of young high quality talent.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
WE will loose Ellis (500-550),and crotch will get 650000,which leaves us the same roughly as this year with cap going up 250,000,we can afford to give a first plus 2nd rounder as we are choc full of young high quality talent.
if only it was that easy, font loaded contracts , back end loaded contracts ( Lynch)
we got none left , but retention of our wanted players is key.