Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I have seen other successful clubs over the years get overs for fringe players who have had success. This is our moment to do so. Other clubs will be watching how Lloyd and Miles are going and thinking that Ellis is a better footballer and will pay according. So if we get an end of first round I will be very happy with this. I will also be happy for Ellis who will get paid double of what I think he is worth.

Reactions: 1 user

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
i still dont get the ellis bagging, hardwick loves him and knows his all round skill and running power, as well as a solid 55m right and tidy 45m left, and excellent one on one overhead or scrapping it out on the ground.........dimma knows and appreciates his strengths and put him to work at many many roles, not many can do and brando won't be getting gassed 10 minutes into the last quarter.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
I have seen other successful clubs over the years get overs for fringe players who have had success. This is our moment to do so. Other clubs will be watching how Lloyd and Miles are going and thinking that Ellis is a better footballer and will pay according. So if we get an end of first round I will be very happy with this. I will also be happy for Ellis who will get paid double of what I think he is worth.
my guess would be we will offer brando around 1.4m over 3 and wont budge much or all all

by either good luck, good form or more experience (others a year or 2 away from automatics) he has outperformed short (inj), ross (inj), graham (inj), garth, balta, naish, weller, higgins, butler, rioli, george, baker, bolton, caddy, broad, markov and menadue. and if you don't like that list.. tough...its also about reliability, effort, flexability and durability and ellis has those in spades.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
my guess would be we will offer brando around 1.4m over 3 and wont budge much or all all

by either good luck, good form or more experience (others a year or 2 away from automatics) he has outperformed short (inj), ross (inj), graham (inj), garth, balta, naish, weller, higgins, butler, rioli, george, bolton, caddy, broad, markov and menadue. and if you don't like that list tough...its also about reliability, effort, flexability and durability and ellis has those in spades.

Can’t believe he is a restricted free agent.
No way. No more then a 350-400k player.
Regardless of the players worth I can’t see us fighting to keep him.
List management will see what compensation comes our way before settling

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
i still dont get the ellis bagging, hardwick loves him and knows his all round skill and running power, as well as a solid 55m right and tidy 45m left, and excellent one on one overhead or scrapping it out on the ground.........
Dunno who this player is but it is not Ellis.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Ellis leaving and more room in salary cap with a potential pick as a bonus. This is not a dream is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
i still dont get the ellis bagging, hardwick loves him and knows his all round skill and running power, as well as a solid 55m right and tidy 45m left, and excellent one on one overhead or scrapping it out on the ground.........dimma knows and appreciates his strengths and put him to work at many many roles, not many can do and brando won't be getting gassed 10 minutes into the last quarter.

Our list has gone past him. We have 22 footballers with skill and footy smarts. We don't need runners who lack footy smarts or skill. He's been great but is not required given the talent we need to develop (see Egg this week for debut).

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Will be a shame to see him leave.
Seemed pivotal in our renaissance as a much loved team member.
Promised so much, was under 21 AA, maybe a new club will see him blossom.

Last edited:

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Is almost completely out the door, as the dollars are huge. We can't offer the dollars, but we have intangibles.

He is a bit torn because he helped bring some friends to the club (E.g. Prestia) but the money from a couple of clubs is godfather like.

Don't mistake Dimma's open apology as anything other than retention policy btw. They feel he's really well suited to 6/6/6 and low rotations. But so do the other clubs.

Allegedly Ed Curnow who is known to have huge endurance has vouched for Ellis and said on his day, he can't keep up with Ellis.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bobbles aerobic abilities are never in question.

If there are 2 things Brando does really well they are kicking goals on the run and running hard yards required to play on the Wing.

These cannot be derided.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I think for the money that will be offered, we'd have to let him walk. The club will be backing Naish/Short/Stack to try and take his spot.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think the club would let him go for cap relief, and possibly trade another out such as Butler as well as the retiring Grigg.

They will want room to move to bring in another player down the track and to give some extra cash to juniors who've earned a pay rise.

He's a popular fella around the club Brando.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think for the money that will be offered, we'd have to let him walk. The club will be backing Naish/Short/Stack to try and take his spot.
Agree , Norths offer will be well above what we are prepared to offer.

I see this as a positive BEllis will be switched on for the rest of the season and we should get a second rounder for him, I like it, I don’t trust him and I think the potential coming through will have him out of the 22 next season.

Norf will suit Brando

The pick we receive could land us a Will Brodie

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users