Brandon Ellis

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
We'll get value for him, he does have his assets.

Yes I did hear the Fox guy say it wasn't a good handball but that doesn't make it gospel. I saw it, watched it again on my Kayo replay and to me it was a pretty vanilla handball that any average footballer should have accepted without fumbling but then it was his very poor defensive act and inability to subsequently tackle and pressure his opponent that really sowed the final seed . That 50 metre penalty just watched it again, it was totally unnecessary and no wasn't milked, it was late and dangerous and ironic considering his poor defensive effort moments before. OK I understand your point about conditions and mindset based on circumstances and fair enough but Ellis is probably one who needs to just concentrate on getting his defensive efforts right regardless of the circumstances. McIntosh is another topic all together. Had a shocker of a game. PS I have played one or two games or a couple of hundred but that doesn't strengthen or lessen one's opinion, it's irrelevant.

Anyhow agree to disagree. Your opinion differs and that's ok.
thanks for your honest and splendid feedback ,our opinions are similar in most ways but you just don't rate brandons overall value as high as mine and all is good. i hope we don't offer him peanuts and he stays for a fair contract but we 'd be mad to consider matching inflated offers as we have a wealth of talent waiting in the wings.

and on the other touchy matter, i love bruce macvaney to pieces, whos watched 1000s of games but would take cameron lings or dwayne russells opinions on tactics and personnel every day of the week as they've been at the coalface and inside the 4 walls, even tho i think they are both flogs.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
that 150m goal he got cancels out one of those blunders you mentioned easy, and you saw there were 100s of more obvious fumbles and woeful passes, yeah right and maybe you saw how many clangers brando had (2) and it looks like you called em too, and then check again coz, a few others (8) of our boys had 4 or more... yeah sounds like you played the game ;) enough to know best.
He’s consistently poor under pressure, it’s one thing you can bank on. Oh, and his running.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
He’s consistently poor under pressure, it’s one thing you can bank on. Oh, and his running.
Why is he still in the team then??, all our mid size guys are fit except an 18yo
don't get your drift mate. hardwick has him filling 5 or 6 roles and dangerous holes every week.
FMD, you think he will be chased by 3 or 4 middle of the road teams on 2 million dollar deals because he is a timid crab...no they are looking for a versatile gut running utility that aint superstars but do the donkey work for the elite, and they don't grow on trees.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Just to be devils advocate, but brando has played a number of excellent games this year.

While he frustrates me like everyone else, if he does end up going, the romantic in me will be sad to see another premiership player depart. I have a soft spot for the guy, his so-called backstory is as significant as any in the AFL.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
FMD, you think he will be chased by 3 or 4 middle of the road teams on 2 million dollar deals because he is a timid crab...no they are looking for a versatile gut running utility that aint superstars but do the donkey work for the elite, and they don't grow on trees.
I can't see a $2mill on the table but it would be a great result for us if so as that would surely guarantee an end of 1st round or early 2nd round compensation pick. Ellis has suspended contract talks and there are rumours that 3 clubs are very interested in him.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Tigers this year have unearthed 4 -5 long term above average players.
Through injury tgese players have cone in and done more than their role.
We have awesome depth which puts the club in a very strong trade / up scenario.
Ellis is depth right now player 24-26 on the list .

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Tigers this year have unearthed 4 -5 long term above average players.
Through injury tgese players have cone in and done more than their role.
We have awesome depth which puts the club in a very strong trade / up scenario.
Ellis is depth right now player 24-26 on the list .

Dimma & the match committee disagree

• Love

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
disagree

Jack in for Marbs ?
Nank in for Soldo ?
Jock Ross in for Dekka ?

Dimma & MC rate him, Daniel will go out before Brando I reckon
Rioli no chance of being dropped , with Jack coming in we now have Bat man & Robin...

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
disagree

Jack in for Marbs ?
Nank in for Soldo ?
Jock Ross in for Dekka ?

Dimma & MC rate him, Daniel will go out before Brando I reckon
I think Syds the only lock going forward, maybe the Skip;), seriously there’s probably half the team not locked in for September

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Just to be devils advocate, but brando has played a number of excellent games this year.

While he frustrates me like everyone else, if he does end up going, the romantic in me will be sad to see another premiership player depart. I have a soft spot for the guy, his so-called backstory is as significant as any in the AFL.
I don't disagree he has had good games. I'm sure that's what the suitors are seeing if the $500K per year is correct. His poor moments are memorable though.

Its a great story but means nothing on the field in the heat of the contest.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ellis was dropped a couple of times last year when we had a full strength side including a final. Given a reprieve this year due to the extraordinary number of injuries we've had. I have no doubt he's on the fringe and will need to continue to work hard to maintain his spot as the younger brigade tries to knock him off his perch.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can't see a $2mill on the table but it would be a great result for us if so as that would surely guarantee an end of 1st round or early 2nd round compensation pick. Ellis has suspended contract talks and there are rumours that 3 clubs are very interested in him.
Thank god. We could stooge someone and end up possibly with a decent 2nd rounder.
I’m worried that North aren’t chasing him, there offer would push him into a late first rounder,

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I don't disagree he has had good games. I'm sure that's what the suitors are seeing if the $500K per year is correct. His poor moments are memorable though.

Its a great story but means nothing on the field in the heat of the contest.
No worries, I am sure we are on the same page. It would be hard to turn down an end of first round compensation pick for him.

A bit like Grigg retiring, it saddens me to see the premiership team start to dismantle. Between Brando, Towner, Butts and maybe one other, we are likely to see a couple more depart this year.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
A bit like Grigg retiring, it saddens me to see the premiership team start to dismantle. Between Brando, Towner, Butts and maybe one other, we are likely to see a couple more depart this year.
Agree. I know Bellis can be frustrating, but.....something deep inside tells me we should keep him.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Polly The Suns, Saints and Blues