Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Have watched all of the Foxtel and free to air footy shows and checked all of the footy websites in the last week and there has not been one mention of Ellis. If the claimed rumour has any merit to it, then surely at least one of the many "scoop" football journalists in town would have been right on to this by now. If Ellis has agreed to go to CFC it would surely be big news, particularly considering it is on the eve of the finals. Seems very odd.

Very sad imo that Ellis = whipping boy for a few posters on this forum. Ellis going to another club probably won't satisfy the "whipping boy" needs of a few posters (ie, Z). Another whipping boy will no doubt be found and set upon next year.

Ellis isn’t worth 350 let alone 500k

I’ve
Trade suggestion: Brandon Ellis & Zippadeee to Carlton FC for a first round pick and $10.00.

No more Ellis. :banana :clap1:clap2:banana

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Funny thing. I'm very excited about the RFC winning two premierships this year (AFL & VFL). It would be an amazing achievement by the RFC players if it is done. Many commentators & journalists would be saying that the RFC had the best playing list in the AFL. I would be very grateful to the RFC players for the enjoyment that they have given me and all RFC supporters this year and giving all of us supporters the great joy of a premiership.

Nobody can take that excitement away from me at this time.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Very probably, because it probably suits him financially and helps us with a compo pick and salary, but I call BS on the specifics of this deal and the timing.

Of course, I'm often wrong :)
Like everything said this time of year most of is BS.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Funny thing. I'm very excited about the RFC winning two premierships this year (AFL & VFL). It would be an amazing achievement by the RFC players if it is done. Many commentators & journalists would be saying that the RFC had the best playing list in the AFL. I would be very grateful to the RFC players for the enjoyment that they have given me and all RFC supporters this year and giving all of us supporters the great joy of a premiership.

Nobody can take that excitement away from me at this time.
Yep.
Won the seniors flag ( fluked it with a very average team ) n just missed the ressies flag in 2017. Seniors made top of the home n away n a prelim plus ressies made finals in 2018, must still have been that same very average team. Should make top four again seniors n topped the ressies in 2019, *smile* we're a very average team again. Must be about time we sacked the coach, recruiters, traded half the team for all of three pence ha' penny n spilled the board to get our club back on track.

After nearly forty years of struggle, mediocrity, crap n near bankruptcy, I couldn't be happier ( footy wise ) than I have been over the last few years, being on the front foot, honestly competitive, winning a flag n being in contention for more. Nothing's ever perfect, but all involved at the club have done a brilliant job of making footy fun again n allowing me to enjoy the anticipation of every game and season. Instead of dreading n blindly hoping.

Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I can’t recall which radio station it was but it was mentioned that Carlton were interested in BEllis but that they wouldn’t be doing any deals until they know if Coniglio is coming to them was the drift of it.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Is it just me but I would prefer Ellis to Crouch.

Ellis is not an A grader, but a very good b grader most of the time (which is why he is a b grader)

Crouch come from a dodgy club with a very poor culture and has a record of injury - and he will cost a lot more that Ellis.

Ellis verses a round 20 ish pick. hmmmm

You don’t jag a Ross type every year

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Ellis is not an A grader, but a very good b grader most of the time (which is why he is a b grader)

Crouch come from a dodgy club with a very poor culture and has a record of injury - and he will cost a lot more that Ellis.

100% agree, you are very unlikely to grab a player of Brando's quality at pick 20 plus, more likely 30 plus, the benefit of moving him on is all about salary cap relief.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

It’s not just you
I simply don’t understand the fascination with Crouch especially with the money he’d take out of our cap
So yeah I’d prefer Brando

Now if Brando did choose to leave - well good on him - and hopefully we’d look to the future with a draft pick.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Why is that smoken?
I just think our list is perfectly balanced. We now have the luxury now to target specific needs through the trade period which I believe we will. Plus the noise of us after Crouch.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
if we couldnt afford to pay Ellis how do we afford Crouch

Ellis is already in the top 10 paid players at the club. I don't know whow much that is exactly, but if the average salary is $380k, he would have to be on close to $500k? Grigg has retired which would free up a little bit as well. Butler is gone ($300k?). Houli will probably take a pay cut if he wants time away for his academy. Moore and Menadue are likely gone as well (not on big money admittedly). The Salary cap goes up by another $250k next year. I'm sure some will be offset by Dusty and Lynch going up as well, but there would appear to be some wiggle room.

B

Bill James

Maybe waiting to sign in the bye week to give the team a lift before the finals. :)