Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maybe waiting to sign in the bye week to give the team a lift before the finals. :)
Maybe waiting to see if he becomes a two time premiership player.
Would satisfy the career need to achieve success n set him up for a more lucrative pay packet at a new developing club needing quality successful players in the peak of their career. Win Win all round.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Is it just me but I would prefer Ellis to Crouch.

Ellis is not an A grader, but a very good b grader most of the time (which is why he is a b grader)

Crouch come from a dodgy club with a very poor culture and has a record of injury - and he will cost a lot more that Ellis.

I am a fan of Brando and think he has had a great year, but if I had a choice between Brando and a fit Crouch I would pick Crouch.

Moot point though because I can’t imagine him coming to Richmond

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Snippet in today's Hun that we're hoping there's plenty of rival clubs looking to poach Bobble n push his price up around the $500k mark. Which should enable us to get a second round compo pick as we're unlikely to match pay offers due to a tight cap.

Geez! I wonder when the *smile* this story suddenly managed to become news worthy?

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Snippet in today's Hun that we're hoping there's plenty of rival clubs looking to poach Bobble n push his price up around the $500k mark. Which should enable us to get a second round compo pick as we're unlikely to match pay offers due to a tight cap.

Geez! I wonder when the **** this story suddenly managed to become news worthy?
Someone at the Hun stumbled over this thread...

He's clearly been going way better than Dustin. And has Prestia covered for the JDM. Brilliant leadership around the club - None better since Big Ivan.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Fantastic win by the players. Great team effort, including Ellis. Nine wins in a row in a brutally tough competition is a great achievement. Feeling very happy right now. Ellis is an important member of the team. Plays his role well, which the RFC coaches want. Ellis will certainly play in our finals games.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Talk that Gold Coast are going hard for him. I assume some others like Essendon and the Saints will too.

I'd think he'd leave his decision until after the GF. Its likely out of those 3 the Suns would be offering him the most coin, you'd expect it being as they are bottom and he has to move states.

If we win the premiership and he's in the team I could see him looking at the Gold Coast as his superfund. Might work out perfectly for the Tiges, if the Bombers / Saints might pay him $500k, to go to the Suns they'd probably have to go to about $650k which may be enough to give us an end of 1st pick for him.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Talk that Gold Coast are going hard for him. I assume some others like Essendon and the Saints will too.

I'd think he'd leave his decision until after the GF. Its likely out of those 3 the Suns would be offering him the most coin, you'd expect it being as they are bottom and he has to move states.

If we win the premiership and he's in the team I could see him looking at the Gold Coast as his superfund. Might work out perfectly for the Tiges, if the Bombers / Saints might pay him $500k, to go to the Suns they'd probably have to go to about $650k which may be enough to give us an end of 1st pick for him.

If we get anything under pick 30, I will drive him to his new home.
Fingers crossed

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Again for the Gold Coast, he's a good get. There has never been any issues around his attitude or track work. In fact it's quite the opposite, he'll lift standards off the grounds, he will be well liked. Gold Coast need professional footballers. Shaun Burgoyne & Brandon Ellis are definitely that.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Again for the Gold Coast, he's a good get. There has never been any issues around his attitude or track work. In fact it's quite the opposite, he'll lift standards off the grounds, he will be well liked. Gold Coast need professional footballers. Shaun Burgoyne & Brandon Ellis are definitely that.

How about Flappers?
We can gift wrap Ellis, Flappers and Short for their 2nd rounder.
Throw in Moore for free

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Would depend on the coin, but it would be a shocking move by brando to go from starting 22 of a top 4 side to a soulless club.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lloyd single-handedly dragging the Doggies into the finals will help increase the value of all our players. You would expect Port, Crows or even Freo to offer 800k for Ellis

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

If he ends up as a dual premiership player, i would take the gold coast cash and run.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Maybe there is an opportunity to do another side deal with Suns to sweeten it. A bit like how we virtually gave them Miles & CEllis for nothing to help Lynch get to us.