Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not saying that at all TF. All I am saying is this guy gets up to 20+ posts most days (that's what I meant as "oxygen") yet Dusty, Cotch etc get the odd one or 2.

I think it is in your imagination. Dusty and Cotch have both average far more pages of posts on PRE than Ellis. Even Bolton's and Stack's have had many more posts just this year to name a couple. I am sure there are quite a few more.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
If the reports/rumours are accurate that Ellis off to the Suns on the coin being touted, then good luck to him and his future.
If Ellis was still best 22 in 2020 then the list isn't developing at the rate I would prefer for future success.
But that's only my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ellis is just no good. He doesn’t compliment our side he just makes it weakens it.
We aren’t playing for potatoe chips. Some of us have spent our entire lives of watching **** players like Ellis walk through our doors and the club achieving nothing.
And now we are a strong club and a club challenging for flags. I won’t accept players that consistently play poorly.
The sooner he leaves the better.
He is our Achilles heal, alongside Short and Carthwaite.

Did you cut and paste that from your comments in the Houli, Grigg or Edwards thread?

Reactions: 1 user

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
So Ian you would prefer we got a third rounder for him.

Do you hate Ellis that much you would prefer the club to be disadvantaged in the deal?

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Herald Sun today

“Could tigers snare first rounder” :rotfl1

Compensation would be fair, he was a first round pick in the first place and will be a dual premiership player.

Players who can run 16 kms a match with Ellis's frame don't pop up in every draft.

For those mocking Ellis, a Richmond premiership player are also disrespecting the match committee for their decision to continually pick him.

Neither Houli or Ellis are known for their abundance of courage but both bring other attributes to the team that make up for their shortcomings.

Hey Zips have you sent the club an email complaining of Ellis's selection seeing you feel so strongly about him?

You continually rant and bag him out week after week so send the email if you have the stones.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
So Ian you would prefer we got a third rounder for him.

Do you hate Ellis that much you would prefer the club to be disadvantaged in the deal?

i don't get what you're saying. the more money he gets offered the higher compo we get, thats how it works.

as for me hating Ellis...
Am I an Ellis fan? no.
will i lose any sleep if he goes at the end of the year? no.
should he be in the team right now? yes.
Do I think he'll stay? actually i think he will tbh.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
he gives you 15-16km of run. he is as close to the modern day utility as you can get. Never the best defender, can not play as a forward flaker, not in our group of 6-7 who can rotate in the middle. But he runs and runs and runs and can do the unrewarding patters that helps us break teams open. Here gfo the IF's.... IF he plays poorly tonight and IF we can prevail on the scoreboard and make the last game of the year, then a solid performance for either Stack or even Pickett may have him dropped from the 22. Although I tend to think IF we win tonight Dimma will keep the same 22 (barring injuries) into next week....as we did in 2017 (no change in any of the 3 finals). He is still a Tiger and what happens at season end happens.. Tonight we want the best of Ellis (and the other 21) to get us over the line.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
i don't get what you're saying. the more money he gets offered the higher compo we get, thats how it works.

as for me hating Ellis...
Am I an Ellis fan? no.
will i lose any sleep if he goes at the end of the year? no.
should he be in the team right now? yes.
Do I think he'll stay? actually i think he will tbh.

I am a fan of Brando but otherwise my answers are the same as yours

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Despite Brandon's critics on here, (bordering on haters for some), Brando has kept his spot in the best 22 in the eyes of the match committee with a full squad to choose from so I find some of the comments a bit disrespectful on Brandon as a player and for what he has given to the club. That being said I agree Brando is the perfect fall guy for salary cap relief and ongoing list management. Brandon has been offered a reduced contract by the Tige's more in keeping with his current ranking which is borderline best 22 going forward.
He doesn't want to leave but will accept a 4 or 5 year deal offered by another suitor to ensure his and his family's financial future.
I'll repeat that I don't think we will get a player of Brandon's quality with whatever draft compensation pick we get but the scenario above is exactly what we need to move forward.
With luck Brando will leave us as a dual premiership player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Compensation would be fair, he was a first round pick in the first place and will be a dual premiership player.

Players who can run 16 kms a match with Ellis's frame don't pop up in every draft.

For those mocking Ellis, a Richmond premiership player are also disrespecting the match committee for their decision to continually pick him.

Neither Houli or Ellis are known for their abundance of courage but both bring other attributes to the team that make up for their shortcomings.

Hey Zips have you sent the club an email complaining of Ellis's selection seeing you feel so strongly about him?

You continually rant and bag him out week after week so send the email if you have the stones.

He can’t. They’ve blocked him