Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
I’m not a Brandon hater however being at the GABBA two weeks back was an absolute shocker - in terms accountability IMO - and running cover. Pity it happened in a final and reckon he’ll bounce back tonight.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
we could mate. it'll be a joke, but the AFL compo criteria could mean a first round pick.

Reckon the AFL will screw us somehow after making them look silly with Vickery compo ;)

Said it somewhere before but the Motlop compensation pick is likely to be the closest comparison to see if we get shafted IMO.

Motlop: Draft Pick 39 would have been in their top 10 salary wise even though his form had dropped off.
Don't believe he was a Premiership player?
Port Adelaide gave him a 4 year deal worth a bit over $2 million. Geelong received end of 1st round pick number 19, (shameful really), instead of widely held view that it would be pick 35. Why was this so?, so the AFL could orchestrate Ablett's move back to Geelong :mad: .

Brandon:
Draft pick 15, in top ten salary, Premiership player.
Rumoured he has a 4-5 year offer from a rival club.
Even if true I can't see us getting end of 1st round the AFL wouldn't want that , it will be in the 30's IMO.

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Despite Brandon's critics on here, (bordering on haters for some), Brando has kept his spot in the best 22 in the eyes of the match committee with a full squad to choose from so I find some of the comments a bit disrespectful on Brandon as a player and for what he has given to the club. That being said I agree Brando is the perfect fall guy for salary cap relief and ongoing list management. Brandon has been offered a reduced contract by the Tige's more in keeping with his current ranking which is borderline best 22 going forward.
He doesn't want to leave but will accept a 4 or 5 year deal offered by another suitor to ensure his and his family's financial future.
I'll repeat that I don't think we will get a player of Brandon's quality with whatever draft compensation pick we get but the scenario above is exactly what we need to move forward.
With luck Brando will leave us as a dual premiership player.
Same story as Conca last year.

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
I've been the first to bag him but he was immense today. That first half when so many fell apart he kept us in it.

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Redeemed himself this week. Was very good in the first half when the rest of the side was down.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I've been the first to bag him but he was immense today. That first half when so many fell apart he kept us in it.
You're the first to bag everyone!

BEllis was good tonight and stood up down back in the last when Broad was off.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Played well tonight did Brando.

Might have realised this could be his only shot at another Premiership if he is leaving to go to the Suns.

Played as if that was the case.

Reactions: 1 user