Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This is one of the most amicable splits I can ever remember. Hope Brando goes really well up there. By the time his deal ends and he retires they may actually resemble a real club.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I hope Richmond supporters can show some class when we play the Cold Toast Bums and give him a Richmond roar.

yep, hope we give him a cheer every time he gets the ball. Which hopefully won't be too often.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Not one bit of heartburn from me for Ellis. An instrumental part of the HHH story telling. Set the standard for gut running at training and on field.

Part of Dimma's learning to keep looking for players strengths, not just weaknesses.

He had a really solid year. Impressive considering the ongoing free agency discussions between him and club through the season.

Happy for him. Opportunity for him and also for our next cab (cub?) off the rank. Win-win.

Onya "dual Richmond premiership player" Brandon Ellis!! :D

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well played Brando. Gave us the best you could n while frustrating at times you're a dual premiership player n life member. Always be grateful for your efforts in helping the Tigers back to the top of the comp.

Reactions: 3 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
I remember Ellis telling the club that he loves the tigers and would play for free, guess time changes everything .
Good luck & will never see finals again.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I never like seeing Richmond players go elsewhere but that’s the heart talking not the head
Good footballer and a terrific Tiger career.
I wonder who is the next whipping boy?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I hope Richmond supporters can show some class when we play the Cold Toast Bums and give him a Richmond roar.

We wont be playing the Suns at the G for a looong loooong time I'd reckon.

Only the Shunks get that favortism from the draw.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I never like seeing Richmond players go elsewhere but that’s the heart talking not the head
Good footballer and a terrific Tiger career.
I wonder who is the next whipping boy?
Bachar Houli.....oh wait

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I posted it in the wrong thread.

t’s true what is reputed with Ellis $ and that he would have been placed high in our top % salary rise AND we get an end of first round , so pick 18 and 19(Ellis) the hate will go up even more.

Lynch last year for free helps us win a premiership!

Ellis gets us a first round pick!

Premiers 2 first round picks.

Beautiful the hate that will come our way headed by the media.!

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

t’s true what is reputed with Ellis $ and that he would have been placed high in our top % salary rise AND we get an end of first round , so pick 18 and 19(Ellis) the hate will go up even more.

Heard that and thought you bewdy! The hate and sooking is just the cherry on top.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Not much has been reported on why he is actually leaving though , I’d assume that with bringing Lynch in we were not in a position even if we wanted to offer him anything that would satisfy him ! Plus the 5 years he is reportedly getting with them would also be a big factor! Also I think the club will happily tale the compo !

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not much has been reported on why he is actually leaving though , I’d assume that with bringing Lynch in we were not in a position even if we wanted to offer him anything that would satisfy him ! Plus the 5 years he is reportedly getting with them would also be a big factor! Also I think the club will happily tale the compo !

It's likely the club planned for it. Not necessarily to force him out, but he very likely received a heads-up that we could only afford to pay him $X on his next contract.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Delicious.

Theres sooo much deliciousness right now even for this ol Darksider.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Not sure about a first rounder Ellis. More likely a 2nd rounder.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Not sure about a first rounder Ellis. More likely a 2nd rounder.

Tigerlove should be an end of first round going by the reputed $ from GC.

Plus there is precedent. Motlop for one. Cant think of the other one that was a end of first round too.

Last edited:

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I found this statement in an article on Motlop's compensation:
In 2015, the compensation formula changed. It meant that a club would only receive first round compensation if the player’s new contract ranked them in the top five per cent of earners aged 25 and older.

Is Brando likely to be that high at the Suns?

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I found this statement in an article on Motlop's compensation:
In 2015, the compensation formula changed. It meant that a club would only receive first round compensation if the player’s new contract ranked them in the top five per cent of earners aged 25 and older.

Is Brando likely to be that high at the Suns?

No chance.