Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
One for the game strategy pundits.

Why are so many gut-running wingers moving clubs? Are they not valued perhaps as fairly as they should be?

Tomlinson - more money/opportunity.
Aish - not a gut-running winger for mine. Also: shithouse.
Langdon - money, home.
Ellis - $$$$ for fam.
Hill - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Henderson - Good cheap get by Hawks, one of a long line to leave Adelaide.
Scully - GWS thought he was rooted.
Crozier - flanker, not a gut runner. Home.
Menegola - inside mid. Average unit.
Newnes - flanker. Meh.
Jetta - home. Now a HBF.
Hoskin-Elliot - home, $$, flanker.
Seedsman - flanker, meh.
Polec - $$$$$
Cutler - flanker.

Would there be another type of player turned over as much as the running link man?
My thoughts.

There's no doubt we miss Brando at present. He played 176 of 187 games while he was at the club: that's a seasoned, connected, bankable 20+ touch per game runner who understands the game inside out, gone. KMac seems the logical replacement to me, but not currently getting a go. With two wingers cutting us up in successive weeks, and Hill to come this week, they'd have to be considering him.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Was that insinuation made seriously the bloke is a dead set plank ................... I've given all footy media the arse this year its all irrelevant.

Then again this years comp is so contrived they will probably let the Goldie's play every game at home, so the Count might not be as far wrong as one would think on the surface of it all.

Geez its becoming more ridiculous by the day ...............

If they drag this irrelevant season out to November December what happens to next season, shortened games again because this year went too long and less games because this year went too far into the normal preseason and the players still have to have their allocated 8 odd weeks off.

Its all just becoming too convoluted and too contrived and too exasperating for mine.

I don't know how peeps are still watching these TV Footy shows or listening to the crap on SEN this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016
For clarity, Brandon was a RESTRICTED Free Agent, meaning we would have to match or better GCS offer in terms of $$ and period.

We chose not to match

Brando could have signed with us for less though if he chose to...

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Was that insinuation made seriously the bloke is a dead set plank ................... I've given all footy media the arse this year its all irrelevant.

Then again this years comp is so contrived they will probably let the Goldie's play every game at home, so the Count might not be as far wrong as one would think on the surface of it all.

Geez its becoming more ridiculous by the day ...............

If they drag this irrelevant season out to November December what happens to next season, shortened games again because this year went too long and less games because this year went too far into the normal preseason and the players still have to have their allocated 8 odd weeks off.

Its all just becoming too convoluted and too contrived and too exasperating for mine.

I don't know how peeps are still watching these TV Footy shows or listening to the crap on SEN this season.

He didn't really say that, it was put to him and he said come back to him in a month, if GC are still winning and we are still not winning. I don't really get the outrage personally. They are on TV to have opinions, and he didn't really put the GC ahead of us in the flag stakes - at least not yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I can understand why "Lordo" is equivocating.

Winning 14 out of the past 15 games is an enormous cause for concern.

Would much rather have won 2 out of the past 21 games.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
not sure we want Short running two ways, Celebrant.

bit like Houli. straight line players.

Carter? Baz?

Nice comeback.

I agree. Kmac, Broady and Lambo are our remaining super runners I am aware of.

caesar reckons Dow has a huge engine too

Eric

Tiger Rookie
May 1, 2005
Agreed. I’m perplexed that we’re not trying Naish, McIntosh or even Balta on the wing. Graham isn’t a winger in any capacity, especially hard running.

Really perplexed by the number of people suggesting Balta on a wing. He has never demonstrated anything to me that would suggest he is suitable for that position. in fact the key traits you need for that position (endurance and ability to read the play and get involved in linking up from back to forward) are the exact things he lacks. He would be torn to shreds by any mediocre winger in the role yet fans here and on bigfooty continue to suggest it.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brando could have signed with us for less though if he chose to...
He could, but it would have been for half the annual salary, at 40% of the years. So around 20% of the guaranteed money the Suns had on offer - 600kish v 3milish.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Carter? Baz?

Nice comeback.

I agree. Kmac, Broady and Lambo are our remaining super runners I am aware of.

caesar reckons Dow has a huge engine too

yeah couldn’t remember the other login and Tigertool seems to have been successful in fixing the glitch that killed Carter originally :)

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
yeah couldn’t remember the other login and Tigertool seems to have been successful in fixing the glitch that killed Carter originally :)

I might see about a 2nd coming of TGW?

good to see 'ol Carter back.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I might see about a 2nd coming of TGW?

good to see 'ol Carter back.

thanks mate, if nothing else it reminds me of a great movie from simpler times. Doesn’t get any better than Michael Caine beating the *smile* out of blokes in Newcastle

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Welcome back Carts, I miss those happy days when we beating the *smile* out of each other pre-pandemic. Innocent times.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tremendous listen, you’ll learn heaps of Richmond detail.

And Brando is a tremendous human.

Richmond man in any jumper.

Reactions: 7 users