Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
If he leaves I thank him for everything he has done for the club - will always be a tiger champion after 2017. However I won’t be crying myself to sleep over it. To me he is clearly replaceable and only a matter of time before he is squeezed out of the best 22.... I think he probably knows it to.

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
I think for the money that will be offered, we'd have to let him walk. The club will be backing Naish/Short/Stack to try and take his spot.
We have plenty of depth and he would be as much of a loss as Conca was. However we have invested heavily in his development and I would be starting with a late first rounder as a suitable trade for him

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
If he leaves I thank him for everything he has done for the club - will always be a tiger champion after 2017. However I won’t be crying myself to sleep over it. To me he is clearly replaceable and only a matter of time before he is squeezed out of the best 22.... I think he probably knows it to.
Naish with another preseason and an injury free Markov would comfortably fill his spot. Also next year we will have Pickett wanting a spot, Collier-Dawkins and Jack Ross forcing there way into contention. Yes he's a flag winning champ but we shouldn't let him go cheaply so a trade/pick/swap between 18-25 would be a reasonable outcome for him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Ellis is a much better player over a much longer time than Matty White ever was.

That being said we do have a number of players who could replace him going forward.
Though I’m not a big Brando fan , imho is a mile better footballer then White, most overattted Tiger I can remember.

Solid game for both his fans and critics today imho

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Can’t believe he is a restricted free agent.
No way. No more then a 350-400k player.
Regardless of the players worth I can’t see us fighting to keep him.
List management will see what compensation comes our way before settling
Our list has gone past him. We have 22 footballers with skill and footy smarts. We don't need runners who lack footy smarts or skill. He's been great but is not required given the talent we need to develop (see Egg this week for debut).
fantastic and very smart today, awsum role game again, linked up beautifully in a slightly more attacking role, and when the boys got tired and sloppy in the second half brando was running around like a sprinter in a marathon.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
One unnecessary brain fade with the resultant fifty against spoilt an otherwise good game
bloke took a dive and those touchy 50s are often let go. ump sympathy for sure. very very efficient stats and team game again by brando. could probably pick out 30 more brain fades before mentioning brandos

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Brando is definitely best 22, but I don't think we'll be paying him the rumoured $500k Carlton and North are offering.

If he goes to anyone else, I think we'll be able to replace him with a small drop off. I think Naish or Egg could play the same role and that's not even considering others at VFL level.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Won't be devastated if Ellis moves on to greener pastures.
Is a premiership and that can never be taken away from him
But would like to think that the Tigers don't have room for him in its best 22 come next season.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
I’d be filthy if he leaves and we don’t at least get and end of first round compensation pick. Motlop got Geelong that and you’d think they’re at least at an equivalent level.

If we did get that sort of luck then I believe it’s a win for us. Cap relief and grab another two mids with our first two picks. That would be perfect.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Today proves we need to let him walk. Against the worse side since fitzroy he jibbed it countless times.
They kick 8 or 9 he was directly responsible for 3.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The sooner he leaves the better we will be
He kicked a goal but was responsible for 3 for the shittest side since Fitzroy.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ellis played a major part in Gold Coast's first 2 goals of the third. Always makes me nervous with the ball in the backline. I think we have better options coming up so I wouldn't be too concerned to see another club pay overs for him.

Reactions: 1 users