Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
I call bulldust. You need to be ruthless to be successful and Ellis is not as good as the players we have coming through. He is nothing more than a pawn now. Trade bait or delist.
things is mate at least 4 clubs will offer him big bikkies and how about googling 'sporting team culture' ours is the envy of other clubs and treat their players as family now if you play your role and play for your team and make sacrifices.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
possibly in time

Silvertiger said "Ellis is not as good as the players we have coming through "
As we speak , I agree with you, in time if the boys coming through end up been better then Brando is in his role will be going pretty well. Potential is a funny word

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Yep I think letting Brando go is the perfect way too free up a couple of mil over 4 years, as well as getting a second rounder to ad to our kids that are on the up. Plenty of potential options to be at least as good as Brando.
no worries mate, poor blokes going to be given a hard time if he takes less and stays or torched if he takes the overs and runs...ever wondered why players are reluctant to mingle with older fans. too many are fickle fickle fickle. not saying you are btw. im just saying i hope ellis stays for a fair price and get annoyed at those who want him gone or stay for peanuts when with a couple of obvious standouts, a few showing a bit might be the next crop of mcbeans, polos, cellis, lennon, danny meyers etc etc makes me sick a couple on here had jack graham, **rioli, higgins and butler as the next crop of superstars. now 2nds or getting abused as **hardwicks pet.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
no worries mate, poor blokes going to be given a hard time if he takes less and stays or torched if he takes the overs and runs...ever wondered why players are reluctant to mingle with older fans. too many are fickle fickle fickle. not saying you are btw. im just saying i hope ellis stays for a fair price and get annoyed at those who want him gone or stay for peanuts when with a couple of obvious standouts, a few showing a bit might be the next crop of mcbeans, polos, cellis, lennon, danny meyers etc etc makes me sick a couple on here had jack graham, **rioli, higgins and butler as the next crop of superstars. now 2nds or getting abused as **hardwicks pet.
I certainly don’t mind if Brando stays, however something has to give with our salary cap and if I had to choose somebody to move on due to worth of dollars they are on, Brando would be at the top of my list. Will any of the kids end up been better? , who knows, imho I think there’s a few who could end up been better and Fraser Turner with his Brando like running ability is probably the main one in a couple of seasons who may over take him, that of course is no guarantee.

Brando is a bit like this weeks homecoming hero in Tiva, both somewhat whipping boys due to the fact there roles are more outside then inside , however both very good RFC players, Brando isn’t one of my favourites however at this point his best 22 , but like I said earlier something has to give and Brando is easier to be replaced then genuine midfielders or key position players.

I won’t lose any sleep if it’s Brandon Ellis or Shai Bolton running out in the number 5 Rd 1 next season.

Reactions: 1 user

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
yep, maybe you thought elton was gunna be better than astbury too ;)
I certainly don’t mind if Brando stays, however something has to give with our salary cap and if I had to choose somebody to move on due to worth of dollars they are on, Brando would be at the top of my list. Will any of the kids end up been better? , who knows, imho I think there’s a few who could end up been better and Fraser Turner with his Brando like running ability is probably the main one in a couple of seasons who may over take him, that of course is no guarantee.

Brando is a bit like this weeks homecoming hero in Tiva, both somewhat whipping boys due to the fact there roles are more outside then inside , however both very good RFC players, Brando isn’t one of my favourites however at this point his best 22 , but like I said earlier something has to give and Brando is easier to be replaced then genuine midfielders or key position players.

I won’t lose any sleep if it’s Brandon Ellis or Shai Bolton running out in the number 5 Rd 1 next season.
fair call on tiv, be i still dont like it, brando is durable and as we are in prem window for at least next 3 and i would give you 10/1 turner will play more afl than ellis plus my belief is bolton as more likey to take the dangled carrot than ellis. its pointless going any further as your value on ellis is different to mine and the fd can decide on our behalf, main thing every one walks away happy.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
sounds about right, guessing we will offer around 1.8m over 4y, cashed up clubs around 600k a year then haggle on length.
reckon he'll stay too.

If we offer ellis anything over 2 years and more then 250k
We should bring back greg miller.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
He's definitely playing for his future career, whether it be with Richmond or somewhere else, who knows?
If he is going to want good coin at another club he will be wanting to make sure he leaves nothing in the tank when he gets his opportunities with the Tigers for the remainder of the season.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
sounds about right, guessing we will offer around 1.8m over 4y, cashed up clubs around 600k a year then haggle on length.
reckon he'll stay too.

I doubt that he will stay. I doubt we are anywhere close to $1.8m over 4 years. I'd say we are closer to $350k-$375k per year. Offers of $500k+ will see him leave IMO.

I have mixed feelings on Brando, there are things he does poorly, ie. doesn't always go in as hard as he should etc and he has brain fades, but the one thing he really offers us is his endurance and not enough people give this the credit it deserves. Having him in the team enables other players to have more interchanges whilst he stays out on the ground. We shouldn't denigrate the impact this has on the overall team performance.

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Brando has also toughened up a lot since he started. But when he is off he is off. Yud reckon we could find a player as least as good in the draft.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
We bag poor old Bobble mercilessly because there's still such a large frustrating gap between good Brando n bloody Bobble at times. Blokes played 166 games for us n helped win a flag as well. Can't see any reason why he won't play 200 games n possibly even 250. Duds don't even get close to these sort of numbers, guess it's more about pre conceived ideas of who we love to hate n blame than his actual performance n value to the team.

Reactions: 1 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
We bag poor old Bobble mercilessly because there's still such a large frustrating gap between good Brando n bloody Bobble at times. Blokes played 166 games for us n helped win a flag as well. Can't see any reason why he won't play 200 games n possibly even 250. Duds don't even get close to these sort of numbers, guess it's more about pre conceived ideas of who we love to hate n blame than his actual performance n value to the team.
Very good first half