Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not to fussed if Brando goes or stays, we've got the players to cover for him n I doubt we'd have anywhere near enough cap room to match the $500K for four years being speculated.

Was just thinking that It'd be nice if Brando could have a very good finals series n help us win another flag. Would elevate his worth a bit as a dual premiership player. He could leave happy that he's got two dingly dangly's with us n a fat pay cheque with his new club n we'd also get better value as a compo pick.
Would think in all fairness that at 26 y.o. and in his prime if the offers are around $500K per year he'd be worth a late or end of first round pick, it's not like he's a tired n worn out old crock grubbing up a fat two year pension fund.

Agreed Masso.

Be great If we could pull off the dream and nab another flag this year.

It would be great for Bobble he'd be a dual Premiership Player for the RFC for all time, he got the ultimate success twice, life membership 100+ games and would always be a Tiger champ and revered in RFC and AFL history.

He'd also get a much bigger pay rise elsewhere to fill up his future funds (win for him).

Hed also get maximum free agancy return for the TIgers and much needed cap space. (win for RFC).

WIn - Win scenario.

We (the RFC) will lose a couple more in the next 2 years due to salary cap.

If Bash decided to retire at the end of this season that mightve made things a bit different for Brando.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
As any club shown any interest?
Where's Gold Coast FFS?
Where's Footscray?

I want him out so we can get a pick.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
seems odd that the list of replacements includes menadue, who i'd doubt is on the list next year, an 18yo who hasnt played a game, a 19yo who has played a handful and looks likely but also has a long way for strength and defensive efforts, plus a mature ager that hasnt played yet and is covering 5 players (but i am a fan of already)
or Ross who plays a completely different role in the guts.
or Short who might be less defensive.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
No one at Richmond reviewed the game last week?
How does he keep his spot?
He will cost us when it counts just wait and see.
Short did it last preliminary final.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He will be entering his footy prime. He will attract good money, he is a perfect free agent pick up

(Although maybe not to be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Lynch....)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He will be entering his footy prime. He will attract good money, he is a perfect free agent pick up

(Although maybe not to be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Lynch....)

Yeah. Is Williamstown after him?
We don’t loose good players.
Ellis dropped this week
Stengel dropped this week.
Ellis will be the next one to join them

agincourt

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 4, 2004
Even his fanboys have to concede he was terrible last week.

How bad does he have to get before he gets dropped????

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Even his fanboys have to concede he was terrible last week.

How bad does he have to get before he gets dropped????

Not sure there are a lot of "Fanboys" for Bellis out there just those that are willing to acknowledge when he plays well.

Admit was poor on the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Amazed he didn't get dropped. Had some horrible public moments last week with nobody around.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I was disappointed with a number of his efforts last night.
Often doesn't seem to like the hard stuff where he has to commit to a big contest.
Starting to believe he may be a liability come September
Rarely inspires confidence when the pressure is on.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
You don't drop someone that has a solid body of work for one bad game. However last night I thought he was bordering on two in a row. We can have Caddy and Kamdyn on a wing, if we want toughness.
Brandon looking like he's checking out 7 weeks to early. I think he's Max Gawn.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
What I don't get is why he's playing so timid now. A few weeks ago he went the hardest I'd seen him. Went for everything, contested ball the works, I thought maybe he's come of age. And then he goes and reverts to this rubbish. He's playing scared. You cant play scared 8n AFL footy.