Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, when he turns it on Ellis does some great things. Good tackling and some intercept marks, kicking goals.

Good luck to him, if he could get more consistency Gold Coast will do well and I reckon he's a rung above a lot of their players. No wonder we kept picking him.

Do love the way the AFL puts up these highlights of how good he can be after giving us only a second round pick for him.

DS

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I get the feeling he is not the type of player that is going to look that great in a team that seems to be continually on the back foot

Reactions: 1 user

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Hope Brandon steps up and is a great leader at the Gold Coast. We want people to improve and be better people for having been at the Tigers. Winning is about leaving people better not just the scoreboard.

Reactions: 4 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
BOY OH BOY are we getting shafted by the AFL.

So now because we finished 1st and GWS 2nd they now get pick 40 and we get shafted back to 41?

Is this right?

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I get the feeling he is not the type of player that is going to look that great in a team that seems to be continually on the back foot
I have mentioned this before. I think he will end up a Justin Blumfield type of player.

Looked good in a premiership team but when in a new system and lower grade players may end up looking bog ordinary

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
his game in the prelim gets better and better with each viewing. Soldo's as well, Just a fantastic finals game. The downside is he'd put in the odd shocker, but I'll miss him. Carlton are complete fools for not going hard and stuffing him around, what a *smile* club.

Reactions: 11 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Hope Ellis rips it up at the Suns and plays another 150 games

Let the numnut Carlton supporters spew for missing out on him when he would have cost nothing but $150k a year more than Newnes

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Nah, Ellis couldn't have gone to Carlton, would have wrecked their losing culture :D

DS
Yeah, if they’d gone after Brando and Butler they would have got 3 Premierships and a few good years out of both. Instead they got Betts with no flags and not a lot of time and Martin, also flags and will pay through the nose for both, plus they bring wonderful cultures with them.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
his game in the prelim gets better and better with each viewing. Soldo's as well, Just a fantastic finals game. The downside is he'd put in the odd shocker, but I'll miss him. Carlton are complete fools for not going hard and stuffing him around, what a **** club.

Professionals lift standards, that’s what bad clubs need. We did it with Grigg and Houli. Gold Coast doing it this year.

Greenwood & Ellis fit that bill.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He always looked a bit panicked and out of time to me. But he still made a massive contribution. Not star material but a very good player who we will miss despite sometimes being frustrating.

Hope he goes well at Gold Coast, he will certainly improve their culture, and possibly even get a tan.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He always looked a bit panicked and out of time to me. But he still made a massive contribution. Not star material but a very good player who we will miss despite sometimes being frustrating.

Hope he goes well at Gold Coast, he will certainly improve their culture, and possibly even get a tan.

DS

His on-field role is pretty replaceable. He was well liked and respected by the group, his off-field contribution will be missed more I think.