• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Brandon Ellis

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
few hundred thousand a year more than what he is on now, plus a longer contract
If its that much and he wants the Tigers to match I think he'll be leaving. The decision for him is leave for more money or stay and pay for less.

If I was him I'd probably leave. A couple of $100k / year and a longer term contract is significant at this stage of his life and would set him up for the rest of his life if he uses the money wisely.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Can I ask which two clubs?
My guess would be Gold Coast and 1 of North or St Kilda. Although the Hawks could be a roughie, if they allow Smith to leave (for a draft pick) and they pick up Ellis to replace him you get a similar player, similar $'s, but younger and you get an extra draft pick too.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

Brain washing the kids, one stuffed toy at a time
May 4, 2004
I think the North link is overrated. This popped up in error last year, as they'd said he'd toured the facilities at Arden St but it was false.

He was a second choice behind Polec so when he committed verbally to North, they stopped talking to Brandon.

Ellis almost went to Freo the year before, so I'd expect they may still have some interest. Player's don't drop off their radar very often.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think the North link is overrated. This popped up in error last year, as they'd said he'd toured the facilities at Arden St but it was false.

He was a second choice behind Polec so when he committed verbally to North, they stopped talking to Brandon.

Ellis almost went to Freo the year before, so I'd expect they may still have some interest. Player's don't drop off their radar very often.
I hope he drops off our radar

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
My gut feel is that he will stay for less money. I reckon he will struggle with the pressure of being a big contract player at a lesser team.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
my guess with both bolton and ellis is that we will pay you a fair deal as you are required players. sit tight and wait and see where cogs, kelly, grundy, hill and some of the other big boys end up and we will be more clear. i can see no problems with any negotiations and bolts and ellis both staying for unders and being happy enough as it won't be peanuts either.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
My gut feel is that he will stay for less money. I reckon he will struggle with the pressure of being a big contract player at a lesser team.
I think Brando knows that if he stays there's a fair chance he'll be playing a fair bit of VFL footy.
The club knows the same and will not entertain matching rival offers for a bloke who's not entrenched in your best 22.

Reactions: 5 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Premiers 2019 ! 2020 B2B? Go Tiges
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
Gut feeling, I believe he will leave. I dont begrudge him either. Has been a great player for us.
I have no doubt even if he has decided to leave, he will give his all for the club & team mates right to the last minute of his last game.

Wish u luck Brando whatever u decide !

Reactions: 7 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think Brando knows that if he stays there's a fair chance he'll be playing a fair bit of VFL footy.
The club knows the same and will not entertain matching rival offers for a bloke who's not entrenched in your best 22.
For a bloke currently entrenched in the 22,playing solid footy (with a couple of ordinary games) and about to embark on a finals run, I hope he is thinking that he can do this for the next 4 years and be a successful player.
No one has replaced him.
He can choose money or medals.

Reactions: 3 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
If he wins another flag this year it's a no brainer to leave. Tiger hero and will always be remembered as such.

Good luck to him if he cashes in. Somewhere like Gold Coast would be a great challenge (and nice weather)

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
Ellis has played 20 of 23 games this year. Your rationale to conclude he is not in the current best 22 has a gaping hole. I very much doubt the club has concluded he is not in the best 22, they are quite possibly though not be prepared to offer him as much money and tenure as other clubs circling are. Other clubs are circling for a reason - they see a lot of upside in him.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I have this strange gut feeling that Ellis is going to smash this finals series.

That bump on Danger in 2017 was no fluke and I reckon he is primed as he has had a pretty consistent and OK season this year despite what the posters say on this thread.

• Haha

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Good luck Brando whatever decision you reach. Hope you go into this series with the knowledge you have made a wonderful contribution to date and a determination to deliver your best now.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Help win the Tigers a flag Brandon, then your free to get the big bucks elsewhere a win/ win, and will always be a much love dual Premiership Tiger, and forever welcome back at Punt Road.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
There was a video on the site that can't be named. Mitch Cleary said Gold Coast are in prime position and offering north of $600k. There isn't a chance we can match that, its probably at least $150k-200k more than we are offering so I expect him to kleave. I hope he can leave as a dual premiership player, then he can go off and earn his super in the sun.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Who knows. He might do a Ablett and return for his last year or two.
He’s our Gary Ablett jnr.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There was a video on the site that can't be named. Mitch Cleary said Gold Coast are in prime position and offering north of $600k. There isn't a chance we can match that, its probably at least $150k-200k more than we are offering so I expect him to kleave. I hope he can leave as a dual premiership player, then he can go off and earn his super in the sun.
Wouldn't be much more to achieve as a player if Brando could help snare a second flag this year. Big win win if Brando then gets to set himself up for life with a very good juicy long term contract and some senior type leadership role at Mould Coast. At around $600k it would put us in the perfect position to receive a decent compo pick for a dual flag winner who's right in that experienced age bracket.