Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
TigerArmySoldier01 said:
So far IMO the player progessing most succesfully is POLO! Is really making an impact in the our team! Like his goals on the run! Also Meyer looks like he is being groomed as Nathan Brown Jnr!
That boy Raines goes ok too.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
You have to remember Griffen is a year older and more physically developed than Lids at this stage.Come the 2007 season we will see Lids take a more ative role in the middle.

deledio crossed my mind last night when i watched the replay of rocket eade on WLF and the above thread is exactly what i thought

jb03 said:
My only criticism is that his kicking for goal, from both set shots and on the run is poor when considering his skill level. IN fact, he doesn't take enough shots for goal on the run IMO.

i agree. i have one criticism of chris judd, and that he is not selfish enough. he passes the ball off too much when he should run and carry the ball and have a shot at goal. i don't want lids to fall into that trap.

linuscambridge

Tiger Superstar
Jul 13, 2004
tigertough12 said:
I'd say Deledio has been a bit of a flop this year and Turtle Neck (Tambling who keeps ducking his head in marking contests) has done absolutely nothing to write home about so far.

Absolute rubbish;

Kicks      Handballs      Marks      Possessions      Goals      Behinds
Griffen:     152           123              59              275                6               5

Delidio:     174           90               99              264                 3               7

Not much between them really.

I have been most impressed with Delidios consistancy this year, always gets the 15 odd possessions and has had a few much bigger games.

In comparison to Griffen, I think Delidio takes a much better mark, particularly under pressure. Field kicking to a target is exceptional, probably a little better than griffen, however clearly Griffen is converting his chances in front of goal much better than Brett.

Perhaps a sports pschologist is needed to work on his set shot routine, with his skill he should have a much better conversion rate.

I would love to see him kick his set shots more like Sarge, rarely have I seen a player more relaxed in his run up to a set shot than Sarge, an excellent state of mind to be in when taking an important shot at goal.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
It was interesting to note the comments that Bruce Monteath made about Brett Deledio at the Club80 function last Tuesday evening.

As you know, I always thought Bruce & Brett were very similar players, in their own eras of course.

Bruce said:
1. At 19yo, Brett was ready to play as RR in the midfield.
2. He should be running forward after getting kicks in the midfield.
3. Brett should be aiming to kick at least a couple of goals, with his 20+ kicks/possies, per game.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
The kid has talent.

His skills would be even better at any other club I reckon.

I will cop flack for this, but if B. Deledio wants to climb the ladder to be what he can be - he needs to be selfish and leave this club.

If he stays here we will drag him down to being just a so-so player.

I'm very sad in writing this, but I just can't believe anything else at the moment.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Games are not won at half back.Put him in an offensive position where he can actually hurt the opposition instead of just hand passing in defence

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
disagree with you both, sorry.

we do have to recruit some help for him though

don't worry; riewoldt, polak hughes and schulz will be enjoying hot passes from lids and the kids in the midfield for many years to come.

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
He is still cutting his teeth. He needs to be played and developed in a number of positions to become the best possible player he can.

Talk about a defeatist outlook - 'we will drag him down' - deary me.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
The kid has been in the system for a little while now! For christ sake i don't see Franklin playing at full back.

Richmond United

Beware the ides of March!
Aug 29, 2004
U2Tigers said:
The kid has talent.

I will cop flack for this, but if B. Deledio wants to climb the ladder to be what he can be - he needs to be selfish and leave this club.

I'm very sad in writing this, but I just can't believe anything else at the moment.

Probably when of the most pathetic posts i have ever read on this forum....and that is really saying something. Perhaps you would be better off following another club....actually no.....the RFC would be better off if so-called supporters like yourself went to other clubs.

Kneejerk crap is totally unnecessary and if you knew anything about football you would know why he is being played there!

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Richmond United said:
Probably when of the most pathetic posts i have ever read on this forum....and that is really saying something. Perhaps you would be better off following another club....actually no.....the RFC would be better off if so-called supporters like yourself went to other clubs.

Kneejerk crap is totally unnecessary and if you knew anything about football you would know why he is being played there!

didn't mention where he was playing at all, I have no problem him playing off HBF - BP though is a waste.

My point is the players around him are holding him back.

pathetic or not ( post) he would already be a better player at another club.

Am I glad we have Lids - Of course. As to the knee jerk part - Its been visible for the last 2 weeks IMO as well.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
U2Tigers said:
didn't mention where he was playing at all, I have no problem him playing off HBF - BP though is a waste.

My point is the players around him are holding him back.

pathetic or not ( post) he would already be a better player at another club.

What a load of rubbish. Plenty of great players who made their mark in struggling teams. The best players are the ball makers. They will shine out in any team. Problem at the Tigers for too long is we have had to many front-runners. Deledio is the type of player who with some more experience will be the sort of player who doesn't need the players around him doing well to do well himself. The more of them we get the better.

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
I don't agree he would be a better player at another club. It is better to learn in the trenches the hard way by being thrown in the deep end rather than being spoon fed.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
I'm sure lids will be playing in the middle soon, and we'll win games with him in there. Having Tambling and Krak in the middle is a bit ridiculous, they're not big enough.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Oh brother. Now we wanna give away our good young players as well as sacking the has beens! And someone else wanted to boycott games!! Being a darksider is one thing but this is ridiculous....

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
ToraToraTora said:
Oh brother. Now we wanna give away our good young players as well as sacking the has beens! And someone else wanted to boycott games!! Being a darksider is one thing but this is ridiculous....

Maybe the title is a little wrong.

We ned him more than any other player.

Maybe the Title should read -

"Lids do right thing for yourself and get improvement elsewhere."

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Ahh you just gotta love the negativity coming from some of our so called supporters. ::) ::) ::)

Mate I hurt after every loss as well but what an overeaction!!

Why dont you just follow another team U2 because that comment is just pathetic. :mad: :mad:

With supporters like you no wonder this team doesnt get anywhere.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
U2Tigers said:
The kid has talent.

Come off it will you!

Lids should be in the midfield, enough at half back.

Our kids will be good enough in a few years, and he will be the leader of them.

Trading him would be ridiculous.