Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
CarnTheTiges said:
I felt a bit for Lids. I dkn't tnink his heart was really in it yesterday. We'll never know the true details of that trade, but he did guve us everything fir 243 games.

Yea, this is what I saw also.
No heart for GWS...lies with Tigers.
Was crying after the game when Cotch grabbed him.
He is a Tiger and wanted to be with the boys.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
CarnTheTiges said:
I felt a bit for Lids. I dkn't tnink his heart was really in it yesterday. We'll never know the true details of that trade, but he did guve us everything fir 243 games.

Give me no pleasure to see him the shell of the player he was. Don't get the vitriol for him just for leaving. Had a kid screaming in my ear all game about Delidio the traitor, egged on by mum.

Didn't Prestia walk out of his club? Aren't we glad he did?

It's part of footy to trade ... all of our premiership teams except maybe 67 have been bolstered by recruits from other clubs. To make room for them often good and generally loyal tigers had to be moved on. RHunt, BRoberts.eg

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Deledio will always be a Richmond player. (RFC were also paying a substantial portion of his contract this season.) But I think he may even struggle to be a regular or consistent feature in the GWS team next year. Reckon Leon Cameron will be pretty disappointed in the output of Deledio (and Johnson) on prelim final day.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i boo'd theatrically. i dont think he would really give a *smile* whether he was boo'd or not.
but i am still a fan of his, and hope he can regain his form. and as much as I would have hated the Giants to win the flag, a small part of me would have been happy for Lids.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
is there any footage of the Cotchin/Deledio interaction after he ran over. Why can't a cameraman stay on the action? It was always going to happen. Lids and Cotch were warriors together and it wasn't their fault we didn't win finals. At that time we had no depth and they were targeted in all big games.
Lids gave us 100%.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
achillesjones said:
is there any footage of the Cotchin/Deledio interaction after he ran over. Why can't a cameraman stay on the action? It was always going to happen. Lids and Cotch were warriors together and it wasn't their fault we didn't win finals. At that time we had no depth and they were targeted in all big games.
Lids gave us 100%.

Ha ha, the camera followed Cotchin for 100metres run and then they cut when got to Lids

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Tigers of Old said:
Yeah it's just theatre,. No real malice but there's a game to win & the crowd is the advantage.

Exactly. I've had poor sportsmanship thrown at me for the boos, but I think they missed the mark. Not to mention the desperation of the Richmond supporter for a sniff of success.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Richmond winning was the best thing that could happen for how Brett is remembered by the faithful. Total win/win.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
everything else aside, you gotta feel for him a bit watching his mates get to the GF. he looked screwed up at the end. as you would..

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Harry said:
He's finished. Playing him and stevie cost them the game.

Yep. His kryptonite was always big games. His number one asset was his speed but his legs have given up on him.
GWS were virtually down 3 players after half time.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
artball said:
everything else aside, you gotta feel for him a bit watching his mates get to the GF. he looked screwed up at the end. as you would..

One of the best images from the after match was Cotch running over to him. You have to feel for him. Yes, we've come out of all this on top but he's still a club champion and always will be

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
I was sad to see Lids reaction after the game - he looked gutted.

He was my favourite player when at the Tigers and I was sad to see him leave. It is a shame he cannot celebrate the success we are having with his old mates.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
tigerlee said:
I was sad to see Lids reaction after the game - he looked gutted.

He was my favourite player when at the Tigers and I was sad to see him leave. It is a shame he cannot celebrate the success we are having with his old mates.

Nobody is stopping him from celebrating. He will be a RFC hall of famer at some point. Won't get that at the Giants. Come on Brett, join the festivity

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
BrisTiger24 said:
Nobody is stopping him from celebrating. He will be a RFC hall of famer at some point. Won't get that at the Giants. Come on Brett, join the festivity

Yeah, true Brissy but I meant as a fellow player. He can't embrace what they are feeling!

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
All the "watercooler" discussions this morning is that Lid is cooked...clearly cant run and has lost all penetration on his kicks. Maybe reinvent himself for a year with base fitness as a high forward as he can still mark, but there isn't much else going for him....I do feel for him to a degree, but the draft picks will ease that pain....

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Lids made his bed now he has to lie in it. I always liked him as a Tiger. But there are differing reports on how he came to leave. Some say the club shopped him. Others say he shopped himself, particularly to Geelong, and was never going to be at RFC this year. He didn't think we would get to a GF in his time (probably a reasonable call this time last year) and wanted a flag. I tend to believe the second scenario.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
tigerlee said:
Yeah, true Brissy but I meant as a fellow player. He can't embrace what they are feeling!

True. But in reality I doubt we would be where we are if he had not left. We wouldn't have got Prestia or Caddy to the club and would have had Lids sitting out for 3/4 of the season and not playing at his best when he does.