Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
mad_tiggy911 said:
Either Lids or Danger will miss out on a premiership after leaving their original clubs.

I hope it's our old boy.

Here's an even better one. In 2014, Kane Lambert played for the Northern Blues, Carlton's VFL affiliate. They then took eight picks in the National Draft, the PSD and the Rookie draft. Three years later only Blaine Broekhurst is left on their list.

We then took Kane Lambert with pick 46 in the rookie draft.

On Saturday, either Eddie Betts and Sam Jacobs or Shaun Grigg and Kane Lambert will be premiership players.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
TOT70 said:
Here's an even better one. In 2014, Kane Lambert played for the Northern Blues, Carlton's VFL affiliate. They then took eight picks in the National Draft, the PSD and the Rookie draft. Three years later only Blaine Broekhurst is left on their list.

On Saturday, either Eddie Betts and Sam Jacobs or Shaun Grigg and Kane Lambert will be premiership players.

Plough said Lambert won the Northern Blues B&F by 100 votes, 160 to runner up on 60 (or something like that)

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
TOT70 said:

I have plenty of Blues mates that will be interested in this

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I imagine Lids is one bloke who’s emotions would have been going crazy yesterday. How bitter sweet it would have been for him to see the Tigers win the premiership.

He made a decision that while it looked good at the time, it will haunt him for a very long time.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Not sure which player from the premiership team would get replaced by Deledio.
Deledio's best was already well behind him before he departed RFC. Don't believe he will have a very long or notable career with the Giants.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigers of Old said:
Would he have made the 22?

Depends on the injury I reckon. I don't think he would have made it in if he was injured that long. But, like the Giants, would the club succumb to the emotional blackmail and played him regardless.

Don't know. But he would have been part of a Premiership winning team, though maybe not a player. I'm sure Bob Murphy would tell him that's pretty good,

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
In 2004, many believed it would be Deledio's legacy to become a symbol of the RFC.

Much loved, he's now become a symbol of Richmond tragedy.

For me, he's also a reflection of the dark side of my mind questioning why I continue to support the club, and he was able to live out that dark desire to leave because he could, whereas many of us simply didn't have that choice. Our irrational love was rewarded where his realistic outlook led to deep regret.

It's become a Shakespearean tragedy of a golden boy choosing to break the chains of blind love to his tribe in favour of reason over emotion.

Jack chose emotion over reason.