Brett Ratten sacked | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Ratten sacked

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I’m putting this here coz when I search “Lethlean” this thread comes up the most.

Simon Lethlean and the Saints have parted ways. Amicably of course….
I love this statement they released

“the demands of the club and the requirements and focusses of the role of the CEO have shifted and it is now an appropriate time to look for a new leader."

Is that code for Simon got his fingers caught in the cookie jar again?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

“the demands of the club and the requirements and focusses of the role of the CEO have shifted and it is now an appropriate time to look for a new leader."

Has the CEOs role changed?
i'd think the job description is pretty much unchanged in the last 5 years.
It sounds like the club is now expecting CEO level performance. Not cosy boys club levels of performance

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Disagree. Personally think he has overachieved with the level of talent he had at both the Saints and Freo.

Compare the GF lineups and pick a combined side. From any GF he has coached in you would be lucky to pick more than 8 from his team in a combined side.

I reckon he will be a better coach now. More flexible and inclusive.

I'm often wrong though!
There is no way you can describe Lyon’s coaching style as flexible and inclusive.
Agree to disagree

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Yep. Phil, (or Bill, or Sil, or Will- whichever Dill is currently running the AFL) will find a role that only he can fill.
Or create a new role for him
Or spend a few hundred grand on on international recruiting firm to find the best person for “X” position that’s available, only to discover that it’s lethlean

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

*honey pot

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hate to say it but I think this is a good move by the Aints. That guy is culture cancer.
I actually like all of the moves that the Saints have made the last six months. Particularly their list moves. A+ from me.

Even Ross, publicly at least, seems a changed man.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I actually like all of the moves that the Saints have made the last six months. Particularly their list moves. A+ from me.

Even Ross, publicly at least, seems a changed man.
The Flying Burrito at 33 was the bargain of the 2021 Superhunk draft. Windhager at 47 not far behind, and Wanganeen-Milera at 11 the quick silky complement to those two brutes. The Flippapoo at 10 the next year looks a home run too. I liked Hotton (35) that year too, and there were wraps on van Es (31) and Keeler (44). Caminiti had a good first year. They got rid of Coffield and brought in Henry. The only howler was bringing in Riley Bonner, The Human Marshmallow.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Flying Burrito at 33 was the bargain of the 2021 Superhunk draft. Windhager at 47 not far behind, and Wanganeen-Milera at 11 the quick silky complement to those two brutes. The Flippapoo at 10 the next year looks a home run too. I liked Hotton (35) that year too, and there were wraps on van Es (31) and Keeler (44). Caminiti had a good first year. They got rid of Coffield and brought in Henry. The only howler was bringing in Riley Bonner, The Human Marshmallow.
Wanganeen-Milera huge chance to make All Australian squad this year. All of Owens, Windhager and Wanganeen-Milera have put serious size on this off season. And The Poo looks a star. Get Caminiti that late and having him kick 18 in year one is a huge result. A key forward at basically pick 100.
Henry and Darcy Wilson are perfect fits. Made finals. Looked different. I reckon they go better this year.

Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
What do people think of the incest that is going on at the Saints?

Lyon
Hayes
Harvey
Now Brendon Goddard added as a development coach

Nick Dal Santo AFLW Coach

Pretty unusual but i suppose at least Hayes and Harvey have gained experience elsewhere, (they are going back to the future where no Premiership was won).
Smart move by Lyons and the Saints...like it very much!
Quality experienced ex-players that know what hard work is required with a footy side and players to reach and win Finals!
They can set, drive and reinforce the high standards required...and not leave it all up to Lyons and assistants to orchestrate...
And not just outsiders to the Club either...but former Club Champions that still have some cache...with the current players!
Try to introduce a winning culture...around the Club...
Can see Lyon trying to hammer those quality standards into the players...

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Probably rooted another secretary. Will be parachuted into another $600k do-nothing exec role soon enough. They look after their own.
But he is the greatest bloke and AFL administrator ever and the game would be all the worse off without him I thought, or so Gillon McLachlan said. Whats a few inappropriate sexual advances between friends?