Brett Ratten sacked | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Ratten sacked

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Game plan and style aside, it has merit as a strategy in that they will all be on the same page quickly. It’s not a terrible way to fast track consistency.

But with any team, you still need the ‘cattle’

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Really depends whether the new coaching group is given the time and opportunity to get a competitive list.

I just don't reckon they have the players to contend.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Herald-Sun 16 October 2024

BREAKING NEWS:

After Stuart Dew's sacking, Ross Lyon walks out of Saints and takes on the Gold Coast coaching position.

• Wow

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Goddard is your classic white line fever guy. Behaves like a goose in the heat of the game, intelligent, measured and very personable everywhere else.

He'll make a great development coach.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ratts re hired buy Clarko at the Kangas.

How funny will it be watching the Kangas roll over the Aints and Orx next year.

Clarko was always gonna re hire Ratts just as Dimma was always gonna offer Rutts (Truck) his spot back at Punt Road.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
What do people think of the incest that is going on at the Saints?

TBH, looks like a manifestation of the sort of immature/insecure inward looking outcome of thinking that frequently pops up on here, maybe not so much in recent times.

Good luck if those people are the best available for those roles. But the law of averages suggests that cannot be the case.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’m putting this here coz when I search “Lethlean” this thread comes up the most.

Simon Lethlean and the Saints have parted ways. Amicably of course….

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I’m outting this here coz when I search “Lethlean” this thread comes up the most.

Simon Lethlean and the Saints have parted ways. Amicably of course….
That quite the fall for Lethlean. Few years ago, he was arguably next in line behind Gill when he was at AFL house.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Probably rooted another secretary. Will be parachuted into another $600k do-nothing exec role soon enough. They look after their own.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Probably rooted another secretary. Will be parachuted into another $600k do-nothing exec role soon enough. They look after their own.
100%
Easy money, playing a role deep down the really give a toss about.

Generally the good CEO's are connected to the club. Gale, Wright, The X WC bloke.
Blokes like Lethhien treat it as a job not as a passion

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ross Lyon couldn’t win a flag with the best group of players the saints have ever assembled. His style now is my way or the highway.
He is the reason Lethlean has gone, rightly or wrongly.
Imo St Kilda will never win a premiership with Lyon as coach, he is too divisive.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep. Phil, (or Bill, or Sil, or Will- whichever Dill is currently running the AFL) will find a role that only he can fill.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Ross Lyon couldn’t win a flag with the best group of players the saints have ever assembled. His style now is my way or the highway.
Imo St Kilda will never win a premiership with Lyon as coach, he is too divisive.
Yep, Lyon missed a great chance to learn from Lethlean how to build close relationships with staff.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Disagree. Personally think he has overachieved with the level of talent he had at both the Saints and Freo.

Compare the GF lineups and pick a combined side. From any GF he has coached in you would be lucky to pick more than 8 from his team in a combined side.

I reckon he will be a better coach now. More flexible and inclusive.

I'm often wrong though!

Reactions: 3 users