Brexited | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brexited

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
KnightersRevenge said:
Scotland Northern Ireland and Wales all voted remain. Could there be Union of Egalitarian Celtic Republics? The United Kingdoms of Alba Cymru and Eire?

I think Wales voted Leave, but the others yes.

Interesting that young people voted overwhelmingly to stay. 1.5 Brits working on the continent and 3 million european citizens in the UK will have to get visas one way or another or leave their jobs and lives.

Urban centres voted remain, depressed regional centres and areas to leave. Things are going to worse for regions, not better. Total clusterf*ck.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Looking at the breakdown. 18-24yo's voted 73% remain. 25-34yo's voted 62% to remain. Even the 35-44yo's voted 52% to remain.

A victory for bitter old farts :hihi

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Also this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/i-really-regret-my-vote-now-the-brexit-voters-who-wish-theyd-voted-to-remain-a3280361.html

http://theslot.jezebel.com/man-who-voted-for-brexit-is-a-bit-shocked-his-vote-coun-1782553004

Be careful what you wish for, morons.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Also calls for London to become an independent city state so it can rejoin :hihi

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
antman said:
Looking at the breakdown. 18-24yo's voted 73% remain. 25-34yo's voted 62% to remain. Even the 35-44yo's voted 52% to remain.

yeah, real vote for the future. The bitter old fart vote was undoutedly a factor. But still, the current political system, in all western countries, is busted. If people get a chance to give the elites a boot up the arse they'll take it, even if it might affect them negatively.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigersnake said:
yeah, real vote for the future. The bitter old fart vote was undoutedly a factor. But still, the current political system, in all western countries, is busted. If people get a chance to give the elites a boot up the arse they'll take it, even if it might affect them negatively.

Yes. We need a new form of democracy. The domocracy of Craic

5p0hepmh585x.png

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
antman said:

Yep, saw that last night. Totally baffling.

I was chatting to a London Expat at work, she would have been 60 or so. Asked her what she thought and she said they needed to get their independence back...and didn't elaborate. I didn't want to push it as she was a customer but I wanted her to detail the ways this path will make Britain great again. I cannot for the life of me see the upside of this decision. Once the results were in the Leave campaigners quickly backtracked on their promises of diverting the 350 million they send to the EU back to their health services and stop the influx of refugees.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
scottyturnerscurse said:
I am paid in sterling but don't live in the UK. :help

So does about five hundred PEEPs (Pommy Elderly Expat Pricks) here in Chiang Mai.

All aged over 60, all armed with a miserably British old age pension, all think they are Gods gift to Thai women, all are delusional losers with nothing back home.

Historic times coming up here for sure. Soon these whingers will be outnumbering the numerous Thai beggers in Loi Kroh Rd, scrounging around, hand out to other foreigners for a few spare Baht to buy a beer.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I heard the French are contemplating the next walkout. Domino effect looks certain. IMO, get rid of that useless euro.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
TigerForce said:
I heard the French are contemplating the next walkout. Domino effect looks certain. IMO, get rid of that useless euro.

The French? No way, they love big multilateral forums where they can force other countries to speak French or at least listen to it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
antman said:
The French? No way, they love big multilateral forums where they can force other countries to speak French or at least listen to it.

The Chunnel's going to be an interesting story now.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I can't see how they can realistically stop the free movement of people. It's too far gone now. It'll be funny if they exit but allow the free movement of people anyway.

Brexit & Trump. It's the end of the world as we know it

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Baloo said:
I can't see how they can realistically stop the free movement of people.

Because at the moment, any citizen of the other 27 EU countries can rock up to UK customs, show their passport and stroll through. Now, at least theoretically, they'll have to apply for a visa before hand, allowing some degree of control. There's high hopes for the Australian type points system.

People crossing from France on their rubber dinghies is another matter altogether.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
yes, I understand how they do it now. But the consequence to many Euroes in UK and Brits on the continent arfe too massive. There would be court cases galore.

Also, the UK have backed themselves into a corner with no room to move. EU has the upper hand. If the UK wants to have favorable trading arrangements with the EU to ensure there isn't an exodus of companies who based themselves in the UK to service all of Europe, I reckon the first thing the EU will demand is the continues free movement.

The UK won't survive without favourable trade with Europe

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's becoming increasingly clear that Boris Johnson and the chief Brexiters never thought the Leave campaign would win but wanted to use it to harness dissent to gain power in the Conservative party, and they have no clue what to do next.

Well done chaps! Tally ho!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Apologies to Michael Bolton Fans (if there are any) "How am I supposed to live without EU"

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
UKTiger said:
Wales also voted out. Overall the United Kingdom voted 51.9% t0 48.1% Brexit.

Yes, Wales did vote Leave. And how do you reckon the Scots who voted 62/38 to remain feel about Scottish independence now?

The United Kingdom could be down to a party of two in a year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If the Scots vote to breakaway and stay, they would have to reapply I think. That might mean they will be forced to use the Euro currency.

Oh what fun times ahead

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Baloo said:
If the Scots vote to breakaway and stay, they would have to reapply I think. That might mean they will be forced to use the Euro currency.

Oh what fun times ahead

Yeah - and there is politics also in that Spain wouldn't want them to join as an independent nation as it sets a precedent for the Catalans.

Nov 23, 2004
Giardiasis said:
Because, you know...

If you want to self-govern, you're a nationalist.
If you want to be free to practice and preserve your own culture rather than bending to the will of the majority, you're a xenophobe.
And if you don't like elite controlled managed trade edicts being the house rules, you're an isolationist.

If however, if you simply lick the boots of the globalist masters and kiss the ring of Sauron, you're an enlightened, well-educated, intelligent, loving and compassionate free individual who exemplifies tolerance and acceptance of your fellow man and worthy to have songs sung about you.

Attachments

• ef5886f5.jpg
    ef5886f5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0