Brexited | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brexited

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Media are calling it. I didnt think that was going to happen.

Might start looking at British property. Might be able to pick up a castle or two for loose change

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Media are calling it. I didnt think that was going to happen.

Might start looking at British property. Might be able to pick up a castle or two for loose change
Is it a good or bad thing?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
jb03 said:
Is it a good or bad thing?

Very uncertain. Short term, not good for Europe and the UK. GBP down 10% already.

Long term, I don't think anyone knows. Uncharted waters.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It is good for anyone thinking of going on holidays to the UK. But everything might be closed when they get there.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
They were worried being dictated to by the EU. Preferred the Empire rule that is outdated.

Scotland now seriously considering to break away from the United Kingdoms and look at going it alone with the EU thus offering options via their country for people in England & Ireland. I see that as a modern day "Jacobite" war against England. Referendum coming soon. Watch this space.

Going to get messy. Economic issues will spill out into Europe and abroad from what Ive been reading. Interesting times.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The Scottish separatists will be back in the game. Northern Ireland and Ireland will be at loggerheads again - they had open borders and now that's all over. Good luck Fortress Britain, you are going to need it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
i'm exchanging money and booking my London accomm early next week. but as a UK passport holder, I am a bit annoyed.

Stop whinging

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ian4 said:
i'm exchanging money and booking my London accomm early next week. but as a UK passport holder, I am a bit annoyed.

I hope you voted, could have made all the difference

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
antman said:
I hope you voted, could have made all the difference

funny you say that coz it never occurred to me to register til this week. now I feel like an idiot (not that my vote would have made any difference).

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Ian4 said:

I have a friend who is a UK passport holder (lives in the US) but was inelegible to vote because there were also residency requirements.

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
Just read that there may be implications for soccer teams, they may need to get work permits for all their foreigners. Emphasis on may.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Kiss the Black Watch goodbye ya Pom:
blackwatch_2214220b.jpg