Brexited | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brexited

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think you mean you can’t.

Probably. I'm nowhere near as smart as you.

But I'm pretty sure it's that I don't care. I probably could care if I tried really really hard.

Last edited:

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Probably. I'm nowhere near as smart as you.

But I'm pretty sure it's that I don't care. I probably could care if I tried really really hard.
You cared enough to make the claim though. I’m keen to know if I’m wrong but I can’t make you care enough. If I insult you will that work?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

As another aside, I think if people want to say they are tolerant, this needs to be qualified. Tolerant of what? Without this, it implies they are tolerant of everything. Qualifying what the tolerance is for then removes the contradiction when they display intolerance. I think Popper’s understanding of tolerance works well (i.e. tolerance is the act of accepting dissenting opinions that are brought forth through argumentation) but his understanding of intolerance breaks down a bit as it is not contradictory to allow dissenting opinions/arguments to be openly heard while at the same time acting in self defence to prevent someone from harming you. People can muddy the waters here with tolerance/intolerance definitions. Is it intolerant to allow someone to argue a point in their house but not your house?

so is it intolerant to respond with violence against those who will harm others? or to act alongside those who will be harmed?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
so is it intolerant to respond with violence against those who will harm others? or to act alongside those who will be harmed?
Depends on your definition of tolerance and intolerance. If tolerance means refraining from violence except in defence against violence than I’d argue it isn’t intolerant. Popper seems to think it is intolerant.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Brexit’s officially done.

And the sun’s coming up tomorrow apparently.

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Brexit’s officially done.

And the sun’s coming up tomorrow apparently.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. End of the year sees full exit from customs union, which means a border in Northern Ireland. With Sínn Fein just winning the popular vote for the 1st time in Irish history and likely to be a member of a coalition government that makes for very interesting times come 1 Jan 2021.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Smoke 'em if you got 'em. End of the year sees full exit from customs union, which means a border in Northern Ireland. With Sínn Fein just winning the popular vote for the 1st time in Irish history and likely to be a member of a coalition government that makes for very interesting times come 1 Jan 2021.

Would take a significant shift in policy by the other two parties to see SF in power. Two of the three will get together eventually but highly unlikely SF will be one of them. Time will tell though.

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Would take a significant shift in policy by the other two parties to see SF in power. Two of the three will get together eventually but highly unlikely SF will be one of them. Time will tell though.

It will be interesting Midsy. The 2 centrist parties that have shared every election between them since the formation of the republic have enetered every modern election declaring they would never consider coalition with SF. On polling night Fianna Fáil wavered. They cracked the door a little. I think it would be politically unwise to ignore the popular vote and exclude SF. State TV excluded their leader from a debate in the week leading up, and I think it was a huge mistake. I think some of the vote was young people telling tweed-elbow-patch-jacket-wearing pipe-smokers that they are no longer relevant.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Meanwhile the UK sleepwalks towards a No Deal Brexit and the end of the current transition period. Something the Brexiteers promised would never happen until about two years ago when they flipped and said No Deal was perfect for everybody

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Meanwhile the UK sleepwalks towards a No Deal Brexit and the end of the current transition period. Something the Brexiteers promised would never happen until about two years ago when they flipped and said No Deal was perfect for everybody

Was saying to my dad, we are happy to sign a trade agreement with them. Can provide some nicely priced Barley, Lobster and wine :D