Bring back our old jumper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bring back our old jumper

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Call me superstitious (hope thats how you spell it)
but ever since we changed our jumper so that we did not have the yellow sash on our back we have never been the same.

Would it be so difficult to have it put back?

Some argue that the number on the back can't be seen properly.
Bull dust, we had that setup for what 80+ years?

I have never liked just half a sash/stripe, the original jumper is the one I grew up with and the one that I will always treasure and regard as the true Richmond jumper.

Perhaps it could be the start for change, change that will get us out of our misery.

The jumper is good as it is IMHO.

It aint the jumper that has caused our dismal performances thats for sure.

There are more important changes we need to make at the moment

I like the new jumper better ,with my poor eye sight I could never pick up the numbers on the old jumpers plus it makes it easier to tell the teams apart eg:Essendon v Richmond

The current jumper was brought in prior to the 95 season. Didn't do any harm then. In fact that side was reknowned and later criticized for playing too much on passion. The old full sash jumper was worn during the dark years of the late 80's and early 90's. Wearing it didn't help us win games.

As gus said it isn't the guernsey that has caused our dismal performances. We need real changes that make a difference not superficial ones.

The new jumper was introduced because you couldn't make out the white numbers due to the yellow sash.................at the time I was calling for the jumpers not to be changed....................all that was required was a black outline around the number which would have seperated the white from the yellow and made the number more visible.

the new jumper is fantastic imo

it is one of the few jumpers which doesn’t seem to clash with any other team jumper and thus does away for the need of an alternate strip

the large yellow numbers look spectacular on video and film especially at night.

I believe its part of making us a great marketing tool for sponsors, apart from winning of course!

black around the numbers wouldn't exactly help for the area of the jumper where the number covers over black obviously. It would be visibly unbalanced to just have a black outline where the yellow sash is.

in any case, from a distance there is no way a small black outline would be of any help in distinguishing the number.

the new jumper is one of the few things the club has got right in recent times imho

;D

sean pean said:
black around the numbers wouldn't exactly help for the area of the jumper where the number covers over black obviously. It would be visibly unbalanced to just have a black outline where the yellow sash is.

in any case, from a distance there is no way a small black outline would be of any help in distinguishing the number.

I disagree SP. Try drawing it and then look at it.

Fair enough H

I’ll agree to disagree though ;D

Just for the record my Daughter now wears my old jumper with the white number and sash on the back to games…

I just think the new jumper is a fantastic look for the modern game

cheers

Though I am usually not keen on changing things for the sake of it I prefer the "sashless back" version.

I like this all black back version (I call it the Glenelg Jumper) better.

Its on yellow and black. No white.

As for the poor onfield performances, blame the players wearing the jumper.