Brisbane & S/E Qld support group. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane & S/E Qld support group.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tiger29 said:
Just a quick note to let all supporters who live in Queensland, especially those in the SE Corner, that the Qld Supporters Group will be holding their AGM on Wednesday 24th Novemeber.
Venue is yet to be arranged but needed to get the date out there so as we can comply with the 21 days notice.

This will be the most important meeting we have had in our 7 year history, as the RFC have put high expectations on their supporters Groups and unless we can attract more members we will have no option but to fold.

If you are interested in being involved now is the time to put your hand up or else this Group will no longer exist in an official capacity.

Tiger29 said:
The AGM is this Wednesday night upstairs at the Aussie National Hotel (Opposite the Gabba) starting at 7.00pm

Please get there if you can or leave an apology here or at [email protected]

I've copied this from the Interstate and Supporter groups in hopes more people might read it and hopefully attend the AGM this Weds night and join up. it would be a shame if the group had to fold.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Thought I might give you an outline of what the club expects from it's supporter groups and the assistance they give.

The club has decided to tie in the supporters groups more closely to the objectives of the club so as we call all work towards the 75,000 members goal and clear the clubs debt. The supporters groups are also expected to be a bit more accountable in their operations with direct reporting to the club and providing them with mailing lists of members etc. The club has also set out in writing the rules under which we are to operate.

To be recognised as an Offical Supporters Group we all have to have at least 30 members, all of whom from 2012 will have to be members of the Richmond Football Club. We also have to commit to raising at least $5000 per year.

In return for the above, the club, through Dale Weightman, have offered to provide any support necessary. Some of which includes Player appearances at social functions, signed jumpers and footballs, tickets to Richmond home games, tickets to events such as Jack Dyer medal and other administrative tasks.

I think we get a pretty good deal from that.

The problem we have up here in Queensland is that we have small numbers who regularly contribute. This can be put down partly to the area covered by our group which is all of Brisbane,Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast. It's a big distance for people to come just to watch a game of footy on TV.

We need ideas on how to attract more members who can contribute even remotely. This is why it's important for as many as possible to attend the AGM tomorrow night or at least make contact and offer support. I know there are people on PRE who have been previously involved who we don't see much of any more. We'd love you to come back.

I'll let you know how things go Wednesday night.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Great idea. I do know a few people who go to the Gabba every year we play there and they reckon the Tigers supporters come in huge numbers.

Good luck too all. Good work by the club to try and tie it all in and have the all the groups working on the same page.

It's these types of events and they way they are being conducted that have me more and more confident in what is happening off the ground.

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
I find it quite astounding that there are regular posters on this forum, who are living in Brisbane, and yet they are not part of the QRSC, or if they are, don't attend our functions or meetings. Every year it is left up to the same 7 or so people to keep our beloved Tiges alive in SE Qld. That is why this meeting is of vital importance. We need fresh ideas and new blood, or else we will go like the other "Magnificent 7"

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
I am in SQLD - and would be interested in this supporters group.

I however cannot attend tomorrow night.

Please PM any information in regards to this group to me for consideration of joining in the new year.

regards

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
U2Tigers said:
I am in SQLD - and would be interested in this supporters group.

I however cannot attend tomorrow night.

Please PM any information in regards to this group to me for consideration of joining in the new year.

regards

Good on you.

I'll PM some information after the AGM tomorrow night

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I will be going around again gents, but can't make it tomorrow night. Get that bloody TC back into the fold, having a newborn is no excuse. :hihi

Remember Tommy

Tiger Rookie
Jun 13, 2004
Pieman said:
I find it quite astounding that there are regular posters on this forum, who are living in Brisbane, and yet they are not part of the QRSC, or if they are, don't attend our functions or meetings. Every year it is left up to the same 7 or so people to keep our beloved Tiges alive in SE Qld. That is why this meeting is of vital importance. We need fresh ideas and new blood, or else we will go like the other "Magnificent 7"

I live north of the SE Qld area on the Fraser Coast.

Obviously I cannot get to your meetings, but would like to help if I can.

I am a gold member of the club and will contribute if I can in any way.

RT.

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Remember Tommy said:
I live north of the SE Qld area on the Fraser Coast.

Obviously I cannot get to your meetings, but would like to help if I can.

I am a gold member of the club and will contribute if I can in any way.

RT.
Thanks, Oh Pinball Wizard, All assistance is greatly appreciated, we do realise that our main group is in Brisbane and for some it is geographically impossible to participate. But if you happen to know any tigers around make sure you tell them about us. We will keep everyone up to date with our progress. Don't forget QRSC has a facebook page as well. cheers ... purveyor of pastries.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Have passed the message along to Richmond-supporting mates in Brisbane, hopefully they heed the call.

sashback

Our saviour??
Aug 22, 2005
I too was a member of the QRSC.
In fact i was a foundation member when it started. Have tried to find out if I am still listed as a foundation member, but to no avail.

Sorry, but I can't attend tonight, prior comittments.
Living at Noosa doesn't help matters either, fair bit of travel involved.

Good luck guys, give us an update of the AGM.

tigerblood82

Tiger Rookie
Apr 3, 2007
Hi Guys,

I live on the Gold Coast and would love to be a part, but again, no way I could be at the meeting tonight.

Cheers and hope the meeting tonight goes well.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Good News

At our meeting last night it was decided that we would push on for another year.

We had about 12 in attendance (usual faces) but had emails of support, plus PM's from others on PRE offering support and indicating a willingness to be involved.
Thanks for that.

We have elected Office Bearers, but have a few things to work out such as a venue for "get togethers". Our previous pub was burnt down and rebuilding has not started.

We will be sure to let everyone know of what's happening over the next few weeks.

The main thing is that we are still going and will be looking forward to meeting non Queenslanders on June 18 for the game against the Lions at the Gabba

The Tiger is Stirring

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Well done T29. Glad to hear it.

Was toying with the idea of a SE Asia Supporters group but Chiang Mai and myself don't add up to 50. Plus I doubt we'd get the players popping over for a visit. We'll have to stay unofficial.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
A mate of mine has suggested we need to form the Albany Richmond Supporters group. There be about 6 of us if we did.

But we are not sure whether to proceed yet. A group of blokes getting together under the banner of ARS sounds a bit sus.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Phar Ace said:
Stone? ;D

Settle Pharce, you're reeking of jealousy.

Streak said:
A mate of mine has suggested we need to form the Albany Richmond Supporters group. There be about 6 of us if we did.

But we are not sure whether to proceed yet. A group of blokes getting together under the banner of ARS sounds a bit sus.

Maybe we can combine the Albany with the SEA supporters club. That will bring us to 8.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Baloo said:
Settle Pharce, you're reeking of jealousy.

Maybe we can combine the Albany with the SEA supporters club. That will bring us to 8.

geez this club needs to start winning.

I am worried our support in Albany and South East Asia may dwindle.

imagine if we dropped to 7.

C'mon Tigers lift.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Greetings TIGER FAITHFUL!

Is anyone else getting edgy? Can you smell the leather and the freshly mown grass?

That's right, FOOTY IS HERE and there's no better time of the year.

The countdown to our Round 1 clash with the Lygon St Losers is now well underway.

ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO.

If you live in South East Queensland there's only one place to be. It would be a big mistake to be anywhere else this Thursday night.

So get down to our home ground at the:

THE LORD STANLEY HOTEL
UPSTAIRS 6.30PM
for venue details follow this link: http://www.lordstanleyhotel.com.au/

Don't forget Michael Roach will be making a guest appearance in the form of a cracking Signed & Framed Print of his 1979 "Mark of the Year". If we achieve a minimum of 40 attendees at our little shindig then Roachy goes home with one lucky punter.

Additional prizes will also be on offer so get yourself there on Thursday night and ROARING good time (crappy pun I know).

Finally, I know some people have said they don't receive the emails so I've completed some checks and balances today and hopefully everyone's on the list now. If you know of others that may be interested, please forward these emails on.

I'll complete a member register on Thursday night to make sure everyone's details are current.

See you Thursday.

Paul Smeaton
President Qld Tigers.