Brisbane & S/E Qld support group. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane & S/E Qld support group.

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Hey Bono, Our club is open to any one who bleeds Yellow & Black. Any time the Tiges take to the field in combat, we will be at the pub to cheer them on. Sometimes we may be in the public bar section, but mainly upstairs in the function room. hope to see you there. pass it on to all Tiggies in Brissie.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I bumped into a couple at the bus stop after the Gabba game, GC v Carlscum.
They were having a good natured discussion. She barracked for Carlton and she had a go at him for supporting the Mighty Tigers.
Seeing a man with such impeccable test I decided to let him know about the weekly gatherings at The Lord Stanley.
The wife wasn't happy but he seemed very enthused. They had just moved up from Melb. Hopefully he shows up.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Unfortunaley cannot attend this week, however will hopefully attend the Hotel in the game against the PIES.

Enjoyed going along round 1, and will try to get to the venue a few more times.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Tigerdog said:
They were having a good natured discussion. She barracked for Carlton and she had a go at him for supporting the Mighty Tigers.
Seeing a man with such impeccable test I decided to let him know about the weekly gatherings at The Lord Stanley.
The wife wasn't happy but he seemed very enthused. They had just moved up from Melb. Hopefully he shows up.

Well done Tdog. Poor bastard is probably happy to get away from the shrill, shrew, cheatblue of a wife. ;D

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Greetings Tiger Pride,

This week we take on the most hated in football (in my humble opinion).
I learnt very young that there were two rules every footy fan must adhere to:
1. Always barrack for your team.
2. Barrack for every team that plays Collingwood.

Tonight we get to do both together it doesn't get any better than that.

So here's the plan for tonight:

Venue: Lord Stanley Hotel
Where: Downstairs main bar (restaurant side)
Time: 7.30pm broadcast
TV: Foxtel Ch.518 Main Event

Be there to see our boys deliver the biggest upset of season 2011.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Just wanted to post some preliminary details for what we have planned for the game up here in Brisbane on June 18th.

Pre match function will be held at our Brisbane Home Ground being the Lord Stanley Hotel 994 Stanley St East, East Brisbane. Walking distance to the Gabba.
Looking to kick off about 3/3.30. Format will be talk from club historian, assistant coach and ex player. Tickets will be $30 per head and will include food. Drinks at bar prices.
We will be raffling a framed Dreamtime jumper signed by BOG Trent Cotchin and Rising Star Nominee Reece Conca.

After game celebrations will be back at the Lord Stanley Hotel straight after the game. Entry will be free. We will also have another framed and signed jumper to raffle.

I will post a proper flyer after it has been completed by the club.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Tigerdog said:

I want to know what you were doing looking down there Doggie ;D

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Hi Tigerfans. It's on again.
Brisbane V Richmond. Round 13.
Saturday June 18. time 3pm to 6pm
Pre-match function will be held at the Lord Stanley Hotel
994 Stanley St East Brisbane. (short walk from the Gabba)
Hosted by Dale "Flea" Weightman
guests will include an assistant coach and former players (TBA)
Giveaways,Raffles and auction items up for grabs.
Food provided, drinks at bar prices.
cost $30 per head
further details contact RFC 1300 742 466
or jump on facebook and go to Queensland Richmond Supporters Group
After we devour the lions it's back to the pub for live music and Party time.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The supporters club will be at The Lord Stanley tonight for the first game of the season.

GET ALONG and join us. Great bunch of people and we usually get our own room. Good meals there too.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The QRSC are having an informal Christmas get together tonight at our usual venue, The Lord Stanley Hotel. Feel free to come along and have a beer and a meal, and chat about all things Richmond.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The QRSC will be down at The Lord Stanley Hotel tonight to watch the games. If you feel like dropping in and watching the Tigers with some fellow supporters, feel free to come down and join us.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
To find the QRSC on Facebook just type in QLD Richmond Supporters Club.

When watching our NAB 3 game down at The Lord Stanley(http://www.lordstanleyhotel.com.au/) the other week the manager assured me that the new audio in the function room is ready to go.
Looking forward to our first game v Carlton hopefully we get a larger crowd in and see some fresh new faces.
All are welcome and it's great to watch the footy with fellow Tigers.

B1 and B2

Richo & The Twins
Mar 6, 2007
Hi all - question for the Queenslanders and/or southerners going to Rd match at Metricon.

The Bananas have booked our flights and coming up for the game.

Our question is where do the Tiger supporters usually sit so we can book seats around that area???

And do people meet at a pub before the game??

Thanks B1

SkunkDen

Richmond Tigers - Start of a new era
Oct 10, 2007
melbourne
Which end of the ground is it that the majority of Richmond supporters get around? I am making the trip up and need a little guidance thank you

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
SkunkDen said:
Which end of the ground is it that the majority of Richmond supporters get around? I am making the trip up and need a little guidance thank you

I went a couple of years ago and sat near the cheer squad at the Wellington Rd end.
Heaps of Richmond supporters there.

Everyone usually meets at the Lord Stanley Hotel before the game and all walk together to the ground, it was brilliant when I went up.
Then back to the Lord Stanley after the game.