BRISBANE/SE QLD SUPPORTERS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BRISBANE/SE QLD SUPPORTERS

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Hey Rosy

Any chance of having a separate board for Country & Interstate supporter groups.

I know there are a few of us that belong to different groups and it would be a good place to post upcoming events.

Anyone who then travels interstate to watch games during the season could make contact and see whats on.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've offered that on occasion before T29 but there wasn't much interest, most saying they prefer to use their own sites.

I'm happy to make a child board and see how it goes, but if it's not used will move the threads to the Off-Field board.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Well we had our AGM last night and had an attendance of 8. The same faces that have been carrying the Group for the past 12 months.

We did have commitments from another 4 who couldn't make it last night but are willing to help.

Our web site is going to be brought up to date, and we have a new web master who will keep it up to date each week.

Web address is www.richmondfcqld.org

Memberships have been set at $10 for an individual or $15 for a family. Anyone wishing to become a member can PM me or fill out the membership application on our web site.

All money raised goes directly to Richmond.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Tiger29 said:
Well we had our AGM last night and had an attendance of 8. The same faces that have been carrying the Group for the past 12 months.

We did have commitments from another 4 who couldn't make it last night but are willing to help.

Our web site is going to be brought up to date, and we have a new web master who will keep it up to date each week.

Web address is www.richmondfcqld.org

Memberships have been set at $10 for an individual or $15 for a family. Anyone wishing to become a member can PM me or fill out the membership application on our web site.

All money raised goes directly to Richmond.
Bit disappointing for you mate, plenty of advertising done ( on PRE ) at least you haven't lost numbers, keep pluggin away, I'm sure with plenty of good news stories coming out of Tigerland and with a bit of club pr you'll get your numbers up, good luck for 08

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
After the news on the Roos today, itlooks as though you guys are going to have your own team on the Gold Coast.
Plus you'll get to see the Tigers up that way likely once every year. 8)

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
QLD. RICHMOND SUPPORTERS CRICKET DAY
SATURDAY 12/1 @ CHERMSIDE PARK

Hello all,

We are holding a cricket day this Saturday 12/1 at Chermside Park.

It is a fun day and we will be hitting it out in a big one dayer.

If you are interested, please let me know before Friday morning so I can arrange numbers and teams. Once you have let me know, I will also give you more information such as final times and Brisway references.

We will try to begin the game at between 10-11am.

Wat to bring:
Any cricket gear u may want to use, otherwise I will have my own bat u can use.
Esky full of drinks
Any nibblies
Ur A-Game
Camera – for shots to put on our new website

The game rules:
Depending on numbers, each pair will get a maximum of 10 overs to make as many runs as they can for their team. However, each wicket will be minus 10….so DON’T let your team down.
I will also be asking for volunteers to b umpires also if anyone is interested.

So bring yourself or family and anyone else you know that wants to have a hit.

Please also be aware, this day will ONLY go ahead if we can get the numbers.

Please let me know as soon as you can.

Cheers,

Email: [email protected]

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
This Friday night at the Broadway Hotel near the Gabba. Richmond V St Kilda live on Foxsport from 6.30pm Qld time.

Everyone welcome

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Tiger29 said:
This Friday night at the Broadway Hotel near the Gabba. Richmond V St Kilda live on Foxsport from 6.30pm Qld time.

Everyone welcome

Good news the game is live on Poxsports, but can't make Brisbane so catch you for another assuming we beat StKilda :eek: ;D

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
We had a good night last night with about 30 people in attendance. A few new faces and a few old faces we haven't seen for a year or so.

Pitty about the result, but we'll now look forward to the Thursday before Easter for the game against Carlton.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Tiger29 said:
We had a good night last night with about 30 people in attendance. A few new faces and a few old faces we haven't seen for a year or so.

Pitty about the result, but we'll now look forward to the Thursday before Easter for the game against Carlton.
Yeah poor result onfield but sounds as if your group is going well mate. Hope you can attract a few more and enjoy yourselves. Well done. :clap

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Just to let everyone know that we have been getting together at the Broadway Hotel (near the Gabba) for the last three weeks to watch the Tigers Live.

The Hotel have given us a room of our own, furnished with Leather Couches (for aftergame councelling), bean bags and wall mounted plasma.

They also have a cook your own steak deal of $10 which is fantastic value, and a live band in the beer garden.

We will be back there again this Sunday afternoon at 4.30pm for the Freo game.

We have been getting good numbers attending, even a few visitors from Melb last week up here on holidays, so if you want to enjoy a great time watching the Tigers play, please come along

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Tiger29 said:
Just to let everyone know that we have been getting together at the Broadway Hotel (near the Gabba) for the last three weeks to watch the Tigers Live.

The Hotel have given us a room of our own, furnished with Leather Couches (for aftergame councelling), bean bags and wall mounted plasma.

They also have a cook your own steak deal of $10 which is fantastic value, and a live band in the beer garden.

We have been getting good numbers attending, even a few visitors from Melb last week up here on holidays, so if you want to enjoy a great time watching the Tigers play, please come along

I'm not down from Sunny Coast this week, but I do get down to Brissy for work some weekens, so I definately will be attending if I'm down and its game time.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Tiger29 said:

Geez you'd reckon the pub would try to look after yez a bit better ;D only 1 plasma, how big is it?
Sounds damn good mate, are you getting some good numbers in attendence?

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I will be moving to Bris next week from the Sunny coast and living in Aspley or thereabouts so will be able to attend these functions. Cook your own steak eh?? Sweet.
Look forward to meeting some Tiger fans so I no longer have to watch games with a bandwagon Geelong supporter who knows nothing about the game.

Cheers

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
Been a bit quiet on the thread lately.

We still get together each week at the Broadway Hotel and watch the game. A few of us travelled down to Sydney last weekend to watch the game. Very disappointing however it was good to see them live.

Congratulations to Mark Maunder of the Sydney supporters group for organising a function on the Saturday night with Francis Bourke, and the after game get together on Sunday.

We have a couple of events planned for the year.

To coincide with the 100G at the G round against Carlton, we are having a 100 from Brisbane at the Broadway on the same day. More details later

We are also having a mystery bus trip to watch the game against Freo in Round 21 at a secret Queensland destination. More details on that later also.

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Carlton V Richmond 28th June 2pm
The Broadway Hotel Woolloongabba Qld
We want to get ONE HUNDRED supporters at this venue (ie 100,000 at the G)
Qld Richmond Supporters Club wants all our Brissie based Tigers to attend. We will have raffles and prizes on the day.
Get a group of Tiger Supporters together & come along for a great day of football. It's the next best thing to being at the G. for further details just email our Prez [email protected]

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Managed to get down there last week to watch the Toigs v Essendon and met a few of the rowdy characters.
Good set up. Might go along again tonight if I can get one of the good people to get me the discounted 3 dollars pints.

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
For those that plan on going to the July 4 game at Carara V Adelaide, keep an eye out here because the Qld supporters are organising an exciting game package.

More details to follow