Brisbane v Richmond September 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond September 1

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Fans watch TV too.
They do but there is a balance. The game has been built around fans at the footy, the tribal element of the crowd, the noise and all the rest of what is involved.
There is a line not to be stepped over where the game is about TV and the attraction of the fans to actually attend games is too diminished. That is not just about those people but membership, sponsorships and everything that comes with a members club.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
As *smile* house as it is..... I hope the club just wears it as we did our 2017 yellow jumper, and take no issue with it.
Let the media keep the focus on the Brisbane captain, who come game day, will hopefully be a fumbling, bumbling mess!

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Correct.
So why not Cats v Pies?
Majority of their membership bases are within 80klm of the MCG ( Barwon and Port Phillip Prisons ) and are able to get day release
Whilst the largest Victorian membership base is asked to travel interstate for a Thursday night game.
Absurd.
Yeah would love to hear the AFL's justification for the scheduling of the a game involving the club with the largest membership in the league 2000km away on a Thursday night. When they could have had two Melbourne clubs (effectively) playing at the G on the same night. *smile* ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
As *smile* house as it is..... I hope the club just wears it as we did our 2017 yellow jumper, and take no issue with it.
Let the media keep the focus on the Brisbane captain, who come game day, will hopefully be a fumbling, bumbling mess!
The club won't say anything; not our style. They will just get on with it; fair enough too. Doesn't mean they will be happy about it. Also doesn't mean the supporters can't carve up about it.

The AFL is just a *smile* organisation.

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Considering the first Saturday game at the G is a twighlight game at 4.35pm, we could also have played Saturday afternoon at the Gabba with a 1pm start.
It’s definitely a broadcast thing. Not geared at all to supporters

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I get all the angst, you're all justified. But if we win it'll be to our advantage. Eight-day break for the semi, seven for the prelim, eight for the granny. Chimpa will appreciate it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Lets just say thank you for getting to finals in 2022.. Get Dusty and Tom fit, and as many have said , anywhere - anytime.

Lets backup the "you dont want to play Richmond" in September (we also threw that around 2021) with performances to then say "thats why"!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I get all the angst, you're all justified. But if we win it'll be to our advantage. Eight-day break for the semi, seven for the prelim, eight for the granny. Chimpa will appreciate it.
Cotch is filthy.
He likes getting his hair manicured on Friday mornings whilst Brooke is at the day spa

• Haha

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Brisbane are saying they are likely to go to the tribunal to challenge at least 1 of the suspensions

• Dislike

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yep. Why not. Anything Richmond.

Maybe that will be their argument. We are playing Richmond. Tribunal goes, ok they are both off and Marlion Pickett is suspended as he plays too rough with the other kids.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Maybe that will be their argument. We are playing Richmond. Tribunal goes, ok they are both off and Marlion Pickett is suspended as he plays too rough with the other kids.
They will appeal and Pickett will get 1 week for the knee to Stingers head is how it pans out for us !

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
If we win the first final, the extra days break will help Dusty and Lynch for round 2

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
I’m another that went up in 2019, but won’t be able to this time due to not having the kind of job where I can randomly take a Friday off at short notice.

In discussion of the new broadcast contract there’s been a lot of talk of ‘super saturday’, which consists of a single broadcaster showing multiple games that day. Surely a true super Saturday would be having finals in the afternoon, twilight and evening slots?

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The club won't say anything; not our style. They will just get on with it; fair enough too. Doesn't mean they will be happy about it. Also doesn't mean the supporters can't carve up about it.

The AFL is just a *smile* organisation.

In some ways this is a good thing (@TrialByVideo provided a good example ^^^ when they didn’t make a song and dance over wearing the clash jumper in the 2017 GF). But every now and then there comes a time where the club needs to stand up for itself and the supporters.

The shocking umpiring bias is one example. And another example is being forced to play an interstate final on a Thursday night, denying supporters an opportunity to attend.

Let’s not forget that this comes on top of being forced to play consecutive home games on a Thursday night earlier in the season. why the F*** are we always the AFL's guinea pig for thursday night? :mad:

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah would love to hear the AFL's justification for the scheduling of the a game involving the club with the largest membership in the league 2000km away on a Thursday night. When they could have had two Melbourne clubs (effectively) playing at the G on the same night. *smile* ridiculous.

Geelong finished top so deserve preference over us, (Geelong have to travel all the way up the highway ;)), I'm not fussed but then again i am not making the trip North.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The old codger is doing his after game press conference this week, Brisbane have just announced.
'We the Brisbane football club will have a pre recorded post match press conference released this week, why do you ask?, because anyone who knows this old c..opps Chris Fagan will spill out his usual crap about how they lost by 5 goals but how many inside 50's they got, how many contested possession they got and he would like to mention he did dream that Dylan Grimes was holding Cameron all night'
Thank you"
Press 'but that can't be right Grimes has been ruled out 2 weeks ago'
Brisbane 'sorry guys no more questions'

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I cheered loudly yesterday when Elliott kicked the winning goal. First time I have ever cheered on the maggots but the outcome was for me to get to see the Tiges at the Gabba next week. I had resigned myself to it not happening when Carlton were so far ahead but was excited when it happened. I feel dirty but am happy I get to see the tiges live in another final.

Likely path of Brisbane in Brisbane, Sydney in Sydney and then Geesook at the G is the biggest mountain you could ever imagine. It will be special if it happens but we all must think it's unlikely. In saying that, I give the Swans a chance at knocking off the Dees which would mean Dees in a SF which would be better.

I'm hoping I get within earshot of Zorko next week to kindly advise him how much of a *smile* bloke he is.

Team selection will be interesting. How bad is Lynch's injury (we will lose if he doesnt play)? How close is Dusty (surely we roll the dice, especially if Lynch doesn't play). Do we need Gibcus or do we go with an extra small for run (Stack?).

Reactions: 5 users