Brisbane v Richmond September 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond September 1

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I get all the angst, you're all justified. But if we win it'll be to our advantage. Eight-day break for the semi, seven for the prelim, eight for the granny. Chimpa will appreciate it.

Plus you get to go to the aussie nash happy hour pre and post game

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Likely path of Brisbane in Brisbane, Sydney in Sydney and then Geesook at the G is the biggest mountain you could ever imagine. It will be special if it happens but we all must think it's unlikely.

I think its a molehill.

Brisbane are out of steam, sydney are acute overacheivers,

And cats are our finals b!tch

Only dees have near a backline that can stop

FF bolton lynch martin

And they wont

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geelong finished top so deserve preference over us, (Geelong have to travel all the way up the highway ;)), I'm not fussed but then again i am not making the trip North.
Yeah I get the slight sarcasm in your post but this whole Geelong people don't go to the MCG Thursday night is complete rubbish. They would have as many supporters in Melbourne as they do in Geelong. No one can even attempt to make a valid argument that their supporter group would be anywhere near disadvantaged by some of them having to travel 75km as opposed to Richmond supporters having to travel 2000km for a Thursday night game.

Logic and equity would dictate that Geelong v Pies is Thursday and we play a Friday or preferably Saturday game. But as we know that never comes into it when the AFL has a chance to *smile* Richmond over.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I read what he (allegedly) said. What sort of person says that even in the heat of a game?
A total and absolute *smile* of a person. Which is exactly what Zorko is. The Lions should be embarrassed that he is their captain.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And now local leagues with finals on are also complaining that the AFL has stuffed up the schedule by having Gee v Coll on the Saturday (and dragging people away from their finals) and that it should have been the interstate Richmond game being played instead on Saturday. No ***.

Won’t worry the AFL of course. They have a motive to pursue.

Rayner getting off will be next.

Just smash them AND the AFL Richmond.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Likely path of Brisbane in Brisbane, Sydney in Sydney and then Geesook at the G is the biggest mountain you could ever imagine. It will be special if it happens but we all must think it's unlikely. In saying that, I give the Swans a chance at knocking off the Dees which would mean Dees in a SF which would be better.

Part of me wants Sydney in Sydney. I will go, so that’s one thing. But I'm still dirty from that game earlier in the season. And one of the biggest trends from our 3 premierships is that we always got revenge on teams in September that beat us during the H&A season

Reactions: 6 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I was there for that game as well. It was one of the great footy experiences I have had, Tiger supporters all over Brisbane and that march from the hotel to the Gabba was something to see. The plane trip home was a Tiger celebration.

No way that can happen on a Thursday night.
I get your point, Sin
But it will happen for some fortunate Richmond fans on Thursday night. Lucky bugger!

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No chance to get off, two actions, drove his head into the ground. Bloodied nose and marked forehead to Brown. Different than cripps.
I’ve heard all manner of reasons for players being suspended Hirsute …and vice versa …and then all manner of opposite outcomes being applied by the AFL. It’s Chook Lotto.

But given its Richmond drawing from the barrel, we’re bound to get the free Beta VCR prize.

• Haha

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
In some ways this is a good thing (@TrialByVideo provided a good example ^^^ when they didn’t make a song and dance over wearing the clash jumper in the 2017 GF). But every now and then there comes a time where the club needs to stand up for itself and the supporters.

The shocking umpiring bias is one example. And another example is being forced to play an interstate final on a Thursday night, denying supporters an opportunity to attend.

Let’s not forget that this comes on top of being forced to play consecutive home games on a Thursday night earlier in the season. why the F*** are we always the AFL's guinea pig for thursday night? :mad:
We're the guinea pig, because channel seven want to turn Thursday night's into watching footy (they don't care about crowds at the ground), and the Tiger Army is so large (even if many do attend the game) that the tv network is guaranteed a ratings success.
Don't like it myself, but the footy world is going to be vastly different for footy fans after the next broadcast rights are signed off.
The corrupt AFL is taking footy down the NFL path.

• Angry

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hotel in Brissie booked. I'm travelling up that way next week anyway so I'll be there repping Richmond 3121 BAYBEE

Reactions: 11 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
It looks like we get 2 tickets per membership barcode for the final v Lions, hopefully that means more Tiger fans in da house.

• Love

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Thursday night fixture so Richmond fans can't get there
Zorko sledge swept under the carpet
Rayner to appeal and get off; and
A umpire rogering the likes of which no club has ever seen before.
The AFL fugwits are as see through as a brides nighty

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
As an aside, ive been on the road this year, trying to get a handle on australia

My main learning is this;

geelong supporters all across the nation,

are complete c *smile* s

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
And one of the biggest trends from our 3 premierships is that we always got revenge on teams in September that beat us during the H&A season
weve got some serious revenge to exact too

1. Mitch robinson owes a kidney

2. Tom stewart owes chronic post morteum encephalotony

3. Patrick dangerfield owes a jaw bone

4. Geelong owe an unburnt house

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Is Sydney owe us Tony Lockett going too far back?

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Shovekins owes a knee.

Reactions: 3 users