Bruce McAvaney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bruce McAvaney

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Possibly true, but what they really should do is find a way to have less BT.
This. The dumbest thing to do is have BT and JB calling the same game. Both fancy themselves as larrikins but you need to balance that with a Bruce nerd type.

I much prefer JB to BT though. His call of Dusty's 4th in the GF was a cracker...."aaaahhh *smile* off!"

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This. The dumbest thing to do is have BT and JB calling the same game. Both fancy themselves as larrikins but you need to balance that with a Bruce nerd type.

I much prefer JB to BT though. His call of Dusty's 4th in the GF was a cracker...."aaaahhh *smile* off!"
And JB also gave us the immortal ‘BANG! Sydney Stack just sat him down!’

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
'Drown 'em in your honey' would have to be the most cringe worthy line of commentary in recent history
"From little things, big things grow"
Is up there too. Sounds like he's calling a super funds ad.

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Demetriou, McLachlan, Dillon. Just why?
Oct 6, 2004
Granland is good. Bennet ok but lacks a bit of polish. Grybas taken too soon.

Few other great overseas sports callers - Bob Costas, Peter Allis (departed), Phil Ligget (big ego though), Martin Tyler, Brian Moore (departed), Tony Cozier, Al Michaels.
Football needs someone like Tyler or Ligget. Know all there is to know and just commentate on what is unfolding. Enough of the bozos and blokes and women-blokes.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Simon Hill on the other football code is very good.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Gold ....ahhh the days of real TV and real comedy when life was good and people weren't a bunch of pissants.

Loved the Late Show they did some good stuff late 80's early 90's.

Well said brother. Great times when over the top PC wasn’t a thing and comedy was pure and brilliant.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Peter Drury & Mike Breen the best in the world.

Drury in particular rarely misses a moment.

Peak Bruce was world class, he will be missed.