Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He’s not a captains a hole.
All I got from that was he was a poor leader.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It's a tough school, AFL.

If Adelaide had beaten us in 2017 they would still be talking about how Tex was one of the all time great Captains.

He still finished with 100+ games at better than 60%. Richmond's had four of those - Bentley, Dyer, Cotchin, Minogue - and they're all regarded as great captains. But I take your point about a successful team making a good captain.

Walker led from the front, but his body won't allow him to do it consistently. One of a few players who dominated Rance when on song. Handing over the reins was the right thing to do.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It's a tough school, AFL.

If Adelaide had beaten us in 2017 they would still be talking about how Tex was one of the all time great Captains.

Shitt happens, the way Pkye and walker conducted themselves leading up to the 2017 GF was amateurish.
Because of that the entire football club has been derailed.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Over 45 years of following the game.
Ive never seen a team leading into a GF so disrespectful and cocky.

Booking a seat for the cup of the flight back. Mistake 1
The power ranger stand. Mistake 2
Underestimating us. Mistake 3

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We have destroyed Adelaide football club.
Till every player has left the club, that loss will haunt them...

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That power ranger stance says it all

That came from Mind Control or whatever they called themselves. Walker would never have done it on his own. They had expectation conditioned into them to the point where they booked a plane seat for the premiership cup. They were told it was going to happen. Mind doping.

Edit: I take that back, Power Rangers was apparently Walker's idea. Sledge away.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That came from Mind Control or whatever they called themselves. Walker would never have done it on his own. They had expectation conditioned into them to the point where they booked a plane seat for the premiership cup. They were told it was going to happen. Mind doping.

You could say the same with the lady the club has been using for us.
Adelaide just thought turning up at 2.30 and playing for 2 hours was enough to win it.
From the Ceo to the coach to the captain they fllked it up badd.
This could take that club 20 years to recover.
Not like those so called experts having them bouncing back in 2018.
It was never going to happen

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They flked it up again, it wouldn't be hard replacing Walker as captain but instead of selecting Crouch or Laird to the captain the side.
They selected another bloke that is finished.
Clueless

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Maybe, hadn't heard that before. Regardless though he just never struck me as a good leader. The way he reacted when players requested trades was childish.

Plenty of other little things that when viewed as a whole paint Tex as a poor leader of men.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Having just watched the full interview, I reckon Tex tried to be somebody he wasn't during his captaincy.
Basically says as much himself.

When I think back to early in his career and him having a beer at the footy, and the mullet challenge with Ivan, I took him to be the sort of bloke you need to have inside a footy club to keep things real.

Maybe that's why Phil Walsh wanted him as captain and who knows how that tragedy affected him.
Credit where it's due...... remarkable that they even got to a GF so soon after that.

Reactions: 4 users