Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Needs to stand down.
Silvers ( CEO ?) needs too as well after he spoke yesterday. Appalling & pathetic response.

Safe SA people who conducted the enquiry who thought ‘this’ was ok and passed Worksafe is astounding.

The AFL are culpable in this too.

If the AFLPA are fair dinkum when they interview EVERY player DO something about it.
Isn’t Dangerflog the AFLPA person? Probably spoke to a couple of his mates at the Crows, like Tex or Sloane and they said it was ok, so he ticked it off.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Makes you appreciate the culture our club has developed in recent times even more.
Our current leaders won't be there forever though. We need mechanisms to embed what we've learned over this period.

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The AFL cronies, long may they prosper, are finally reading the room on Ghoul.

Ghoul was always the problem. He was worse than the smelly Vlad. A blame shifter, manipulator and populist. Cheaper chips Ghoul.

Oh but womens football! Shocking imported that, lacerating lights and the VAR. At a price. To the extent that it didn't work out SHocking took the fall.

Ned Guy took the fall at Collingwood, before Eddie was called to account. Shocking took the fall at the AFL. Now Ghoul will.

Whateley is a sycophant. (All sycophants are narcissists.) If he breaks ranks it's only to serve his new master as he glorifies himself.

Whateley is calling out the AFL? Oh, dear. And Whately was the first? Wow. Whateley is the best of them?

Ghoul should go down into the bunker with Eva real soon. It's over.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It been 4 years. There must be 15 -20 players on that camp who have left the Crows and even the AFL. None have written a book but have any gone to the media, lawyers, AFL about it? I can understand why Eddie waited until he was retired to raise it so forcefully.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
one thing that is noticeable, but probably not uncommon at the time, is that there was seemingly not one woman involved in any of the camp saga. Decisions were made by a bunch of men who think toughness is handling getting yelled in the face, or weakness is showing emotion. these guys might have been ok running footy clubs in the 70s but the world has well and truly moved on.

It is a stark contrast to us with Peggy in charge, and Emma Murray playing such a pivotal role.
Long bow. Gender irrelevant in this case.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I've been on some team building / leadership courses that were very helpful. They involved a lot of internal reflection and then discussion with other and exercises that used games to pull out key essences of teamwork - typically with regards to communication. e.g. You could make half a team blind and have them get through an obstacle course directed by someone else, or solve some kind of time limited challenge.
Describes stuff I did in scouts in the 70s. And didnt have to pay a consultant 10k a day.

One corporate thing I went on involved finger painting..... good work if you can get it.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Just listened to Josh Jenkins on Sen tell his story about the ‘camp’ and his own experience of the issues described by Eddi Betts in his recently published book.

The other day after hearing Eddie’s version I said I believed an independent inquiry was absolutely necessary.

The picture described now by both Eddie and Josh is so frightful and shocking that there certainly needs to be a further answering by those responsible.

Loved AFL all my life and that won’t change but the stink of this can not go without a public inquiry into WHY this was allowed to occur and why 4 years have passed with Adelaide, Workcare S A, the players Assoc and the AFL knowing of it - and choosing to do absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

warren1328

Tiger Cub
Mar 18, 2014
Have just read Josh Jenkins statement on the SEN site. Must say, what a disaster that this was allowed to get past the stage of even suggestion.
Also, greatly impressed with JJ account of events and see him and others in a totally new light.

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Have just read Josh Jenkins statement on the SEN site. Must say, what a disaster that this was allowed to get past the stage of even suggestion.
Also, greatly impressed with JJ account of events and see him and others in a totally new light.
Looked at the collective minds website yesterday, there was a promo video on their 'work' with Adelaide. Pyke, Walker, Talia and Jenkins all spoke about how great it was. (None of them said anything, just 'I learnt how to use my mind')

It may have been filmed prior to the camp, because I think, I don't know, that they were doing stuff with Adelaide prior to the camp, but probably not.

As I said earlier, there was also footage of Eddie Betts slo mo training on it. I was amazed it was still up. Says a lot, they may have all skidaddled to the Bahamas.

edit, just looked Crows clip is still up. Also up is the apology in full from Channel 9 for Caro and McClure stories.

and get this, there is also a huge picture of Cotchy, from a reprinted Sen article post '17 flag, saying the Crows and us were the only 2 sides to take psychology seriously. Thats like a dodgy builder who couldn't build a chook house putting the Taj Mahal up on his website and saying 'see, buildings are good'. So bad on so many levels. Dodgey carpetbagger spivs.

Last edited:

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The parallels of what has occurred now at both Essendon and Adelaide are such that
the AFL in particular needs to re examine itself as a matter of urgency.

Both Ess and Adelaide went to extraordinary lengths to try and get an advantage, to help them win a premiership. Occupational Health and Safety legislation was ignored in both instances and the AFL knew.

The sooner we see the back of this suck up, now in charge, the better.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The parallels of what has occurred now at both Essendon and Adelaide are such that
the AFL in particular needs to re examine itself as a matter of urgency.

Both Ess and Adelaide went to extraordinary lengths to try and get an advantage, to help them win a premiership. Occupational Health and Safety legislation was ignored in both instances and the AFL knew.

The sooner we see the back of this suck up, now in charge, the better.
and yet they keep punishing us.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Full credit to Betts and Jenkins for speaking publicly about this. Many of us on hear have been less than generous to Jenkins as a player but good on him for not letting this go and being willing to publicly speak up. He may yet pay a price posts-career for speaking out.

The Age is reporting that the Adelaide club doctor wrote a very detailed welfare report on the camp fallout that an AFL source has confirmed HQ was aware of.

Once again, AFLHQ is apparently caught out trying to “manage outcomes” and “protect the image of the game” above all else. Said this before but the continued erosion of integrity is the biggest issue facing our great game and the fault lies squarely with the behavior AFL HQ.

Reactions: 12 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
read it. Its good. As TF said, comes across as a great bloke just trying to make a living, but was pushed too far. Took some guts to try and stop the camp mid-way through.. I feel bad for bagging him!

Read a story by Rohan Conolly on ESPN who makes a good point. 2 clubs did an army style camp which involved extreme physical challenges and humiliation. One, Adelaide, completed it. One, Melbourne, players refused and bailed out and were labelled soft and the tail wagging the dog. Pretty telling what happened next for the respective clubs.

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
JJ just said that he made the AFL aware of what occurred and met with two people from the AFL in a hotel in Melbourne.

So much is wrong here.

The AFL just like what occurred at Essendon, in my eyes, were brand protecting.

Felt quite sad, sick and angry again after listening to JJ’s account of what occurred at the camp.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
But WorkSafe SA found nothing untoward. What a joke of a club, competition, organisation and state.