Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
But WorkSafe SA found nothing untoward. What a joke of a club, competition, organisation and state.
Without knowing much about the inquiry, I would guess WorkSafe had pretty limited parameters to investigate. Doesnt mean they found nothing wrong with the camp, just nothing that breached there particular legislative concerns.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Once again, AFLHQ is apparently caught out trying to “manage outcomes” and “protect the image of the game” above all else. Said this before but the continued erosion of integrity is the biggest issue facing our great game and the fault lies squarely with the behavior AFL HQ.
This has been shown time and time again to be the AFL admin's greatest concern- image.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Without knowing much about the inquiry, I would guess WorkSafe had pretty limited parameters to investigate. Doesnt mean they found nothing wrong with the camp, just nothing that breached there particular legislative concerns.

I think it is more likely that they didn't ask questions that they didn't want to know the answers to. Couple this with the players largely being silent (noting also they had already divulged sensitive information to the club / Collective Mind and it was used against them).

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Was Max the one that would hear voices in his head and then would sit under a tree for two days until they stopped?

Capture.JPG

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wolfgang Wildgrace hey? Quite a handle. Sounds like your classic Byron Bay new age crystal *smile* merchant.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Didn’t Jenkins previously praise the camp?
Don't know, but if he did, it is likely to be unreliable. He may have been prepared to toe the party line of not divulging details of what went on. His real opinion is more likely to be reliable now.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Looked at the collective minds website yesterday, there was a promo video on their 'work' with Adelaide. Pyke, Walker, Talia and Jenkins all spoke about how great it was. (None of them said anything, just 'I learnt how to use my mind')

It may have been filmed prior to the camp, because I think, I don't know, that they were doing stuff with Adelaide prior to the camp, but probably not.

As I said earlier, there was also footage of Eddie Betts slo mo training on it. I was amazed it was still up. Says a lot, they may have all skidaddled to the Bahamas.

edit, just looked Crows clip is still up. Also up is the apology in full from Channel 9 for Caro and McClure stories.

and get this, there is also a huge picture of Cotchy, from a reprinted Sen article post '17 flag, saying the Crows and us were the only 2 sides to take psychology seriously. Thats like a dodgy builder who couldn't build a chook house putting the Taj Mahal up on his website and saying 'see, buildings are good'. So bad on so many levels. Dodgey carpetbagger spivs.
That apology was Feb 2021, before Eddie and the others had the courage to say what really happened which would have supported the media stories. That post finished with this comment by the directors "These public apologies now finally set the record straight." Until Eddie's book.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The mind boggles on how those in charge didn’t stop this.

IMO these army type training camps are all *smile* in wind.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Class action pending?
Had an interview on The Project tonight with an Adelaide lawyer who has been working on a class action for three and a half years. Claims to have 14 interested players.

Was VERY dismissive of the AFL "integrity" unit's investigation and of SA Worksafe's investigation. Probably a bit of social engineering in his commentary on that, so take it as you will.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I nearly choked on my organic ceremonial cacao.
This is the second time in 2 days I've heard of this cacao business. I saw a van yesterday with signs on the side: "sacred cacao breathwork ceremonies, healing bodies, healing land". I thought WTF, and had a laugh. One born every minute

• Love