Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Funny how Lever was told he wasn't welcomed at their B & F .

Yet Caneron was.

Hasn't he requested a trade?

Guess they were worried about something . ?

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
TT33 said:
Apart from that the Crows should have won because they were the "best team all year" Lord give me strength ::)

This is the key for me. They were vaunted as the best team all year because they finished on top. We were only half a game behind them and lost 4 by under 10 points. Could have easily finished on top. Probably worked in our favour in the end

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
JimJessTorp said:
shutterstock_371959666.jpg

Remind me which one is Jenkins?

GOLD

:rofl

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He finished 11th but all the players above him (except B.Crouch) played 3-5 more games. The next seven after him also played more games. Don't think anything dodgy went on, he's just not as good as the media's making out.

Trade value dropped?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He finished 11th but all the players above him (except B.Crouch) played 3-5 more games. The next seven after him also played more games. Don't think anything dodgy went on, he's just not as good as the media's making out.
There's a little theory out there that BT has been spruiking him all year as he's a friend of the family, and he's got some family issues back home. I thought that could be total BS, but I rewatched the GF today , and at Quarter time BT was saying something about they didn't want to start anything physical with "fists of fury Lever" or words to that affect.

It's quite possible the Lever hysteria has been a total media driven phenomenon.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The_General said:
There's a little theory out there that BT has been spruiking him all year as he's a friend of the family, and he's got some family issues back home. I thought that could be total BS, but I rewatched the GF today , and at Quarter time BT was saying something about they didn't want to start anything physical with "fists of fury Lever" or words to that affect.

It's quite possible the Lever hysteria has been a total media driven phenomenon.

Ah, I thought he was taking the *smile* out of Lever with "fists of fury".

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That’s Fists of Fury is from Lever’s boxing. He started boxing young, 12 or so, and still trains.

I think the Crows are dirty in themselves over Lever asking to leave and are taking out on Lever. Apparently their first offer was 300k per year and weren’t budging much. Only when he decided to look elsewhere did they up the offer but by then the seed of leaving had germinated.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Think earlier in the season he said he was committed to the scarecrow.
Also had a going a Cameron for not committing to the team.
Lever is full of *smile*

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Lever was told to stay home from the B&F. Not much change for Lever as he transfers from Sookylaide to Egobourne.

Sloane might also be on the market next season.....the Crows are sooking.

Let's hope we keep Graham as he progresses, coz I'm sick and tired of this 'want to go home' attitude in players these days.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Going home had little to do with.
Reported Adelaide offered $350,000 a season
Melbourne offered $750,000 - $850,000 a season

Thanks for the memories Adelaide

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Melbourne also reminded Jake that along with doubling his cash that the footpaths are not rolled up at 9pm in Melbourne like they are in Radelaide

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
The_General said:

He comes from BT's part of the world so I imagine he would know them, being heavily involved in junior football in the region as he has been.

My kids know a family member and he was always coming home because of family. This has been happening since the start of the year.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Total Tiger said:
He comes from BT's part of the world so I imagine he would know them, being heavily involved in junior football in the region as he has been.

My kids know a family member and he was always coming home because of family. This has been happening since the start of the year.
I get coming home due to family reasons, but why does he specifically have to come to Melbourne? Have any other Victorian clubs shown interest?

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
CarnTheTiges said:
I get coming home due to family reasons, but why does he specifically have to come to Melbourne? Have any other Victorian clubs shown interest?

That I'm not sure about but one of my kids has been saying Melbourne for months

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
CarnTheTiges said:
I assume that's because they're paying him the most.

Makes sense to me. Once you decide to come home, I guess the only difference between the clubs is who's paying more. Just ask the Visy Environmental Officer