Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Buggered if I know whats going on at the Adelaide Crows

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Why on earth would Freo pick Pyke given his poor record and not give Justin Longmuir a chance?

It's sort of funny listening to lots of these clowns (media types and self appointed club greats) inside the AFL tent!
For the life of me I can't remember who yesterday ran the ..... get James Hird to Adelaide or Don Pyke will definitely coach freo next year.....?
Now I'm just a knucklehead Richmond member, but I reckon there's more chance of G.Pell heading up the boy scouts on his release than either of them other scenarios!

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I love the crowd shot in the 2017 GF when Tex kicks that goal in the third quarter.

They cut to Blight and the guy sitting beside him says something to him. You can clearly lip-read him saying “That’s one in a row!”

In the entire world history of clutching at straws, that is still the club-house leader.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Why on earth would Freo pick Pyke given his poor record and not give Justin Longmuir a chance?

Pyke actually had the fourth-best record among current coaches (61%), fractionally behind Clarkson.

Would depend on how much of the unrest at Adelaide came down to Pyke. Crows fans are naming names and Pyke was no better than 6th in line for the bullet! Brett Burton head of the queue...

In saying that, Pyke oversaw two failed seasons in a row with a list at the pointy end of maturity. He had to go down with the ship.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Pyke actually had the fourth-best record among current coaches (61%), fractionally behind Clarkson.

Would depend on how much of the unrest at Adelaide came down to Pyke. Crows fans are naming names and Pyke was no better than 6th in line for the bullet! Brett Burton head of the queue...

In saying that, Pyke oversaw two failed seasons in a row with a list at the pointy end of maturity. He had to go down with the ship.

Thats largely built around his initial year or 2 I imagine which were heavily influenced by the legacy of Phil Walsh.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Thats largely built around his initial year or 2 I imagine which were heavily influenced by the legacy of Phil Walsh.

Well, maybe. Walsh was only in charge for 12 games. Agree that Pyke picked up the reins at an opportune time.

I actually wonder whether the Walsh thing had a delayed effect. Maybe they felt they were riding some sort of wave to destiny where they would dedicate the premiership to Walsh and make everything right, and their belief system started crumbling after the GF defeat.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Well, maybe. Walsh was only in charge for 12 games. Agree that Pyke picked up the reins at an opportune time.

I actually wonder whether the Walsh thing had a delayed effect. Maybe they felt they were riding some sort of wave to destiny where they would dedicate the premiership to Walsh and make everything right, and their belief system started crumbling after the GF defeat.

Good call.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Not a rumor but Blight on SEN reckons Pyke is a shoe in for the Freo job. Apparently he's wanted to go back to his home state.
I heard the interview with Blight. Not what he said.
He said he was told by someone that Pyke could end up at Freo.
He then added later in coversation his views to it, that he might be a good choice as he comes from WA.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thread should be renamed to Buggered if I care what's going on at the Crows.
Had their crack in 2017 n found sadly lacking. In free fall off the cliff since then n haven't quite hit the bottom yet , n the splat will hurt ( well at least to Crowbaits fans ).
Couldn't give a flying continental what goes on at Crowbait land, we've got important *smile* happening for a couple of weeks yet.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Rutten said he ain’t leaving farty hill.
Believes his next in line when Worsfold is finished.
Which makes me wonder if his been promised the job end of season.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Rutten said he ain’t leaving farty hill.
Believes his next in line when Worsfold is finished.
Which makes me wonder if his been promised the job end of season.
Woosha's been promised to coach Essendrugs in 2020, but I'll bet no-one mentioned exactly how long for. If they play well n look like making finals again, then I guess Woosha will coach out the full year n get transitioned out after the season when his contract expires. If they hit a shaky patch n struggle to get up the ladder, I've no doubt there'll be a mid season care taker coach appointed.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Buggered of I care.......

No other club supporters cared about us when we were having troubles.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
We didn't break them, Walsh's tradgic death did. They rode the emotion for two years and had a great 2017. However the gf loss unleashed a *smile* load of trauma that seems to have got out of control.

I have sympathy for both pyke and the players. It was unprecedented.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No, we broke them. Their arrogance before that game told the story. The power stance. Booking the seat for the Cup on the flight home.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
No, we broke them. Their arrogance before that game told the story. The power stance. Booking the seat for the Cup on the flight home.

Yep, Ant, Richmond did break the Crows ... busted them right open and condemned them to mental fragility.
It's going to be a long haul back for Adelaide.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Tigers piling on the misery for the Crows.

A Beanie led Glenelg put them out of SANFL finals and he and they will play off in the GF.

Beanie with 4 including 3 in the premiership quarter where Glenelg went from 8 points down at half time to 18 points up at the last change.

BTW 54 goals in 19 games for Liam.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007

A Beanie led Glenelg put them out of SANFL finals and he and they will play off in the GF.

Beanie with 4 including 3 in the premiership quarter where Glenelg went from 8 points down at half time to 18 points up at the last change.

Did he sing the tigers song at halftime over the loud speaker?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
They would have heard it at the end of the game. Is Glenelg's the same or is theirs ..

We're from palindrome-land,
Able was I ere I saw Elba,
We're from palindrome-land
A Santa Lived As a Devil At NASA
You will see us with a grin
Dammit, I'm Mad! ...
Was It A Rat I Saw? ...
Do Geese See God
We'll fight and fight and win
We're from Palindrome-land
We're never beaten till the final siren's gone
Like the ewe of old
We're strong and were bold
We're from Palindrome
""Stack, Cal, Byrd's dry black cats "
We're from Palindrome..LLAAANNDD!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Beanie really found his level in the SANFL.