Bush player kicks 31 goals in a single game! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bush player kicks 31 goals in a single game!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Country star bags 31 goals

A COUNTRY footy full-forward booted 31 goals on the weekend, beating his previous best by 25.

Deniliquin Rovers playing coach Josh Bode went berserk on Saturday, kicking 31 goals to smash a pile of league records in the Kangaroos' 356-point obliteration of bottom side Wunghnu Magpies.

Bode, 34, had kicked 27 goals in his previous 29 games. He'd never kicked more than six goals in a match, but finished with 31.8.

Do you know someone who bettered Bode's effort? Tell us below.

The modest star also blitzed Deniliquin's previous record of 18 goals by a player in a match.

Bode said yesterday he lost count after "about 20".

"I had 15 at half-time and thought I'd throw the side around but the selection committee said 'no we'll keep you there'," Bode said.

"The majority were from 40m out on a 45 degree angle. I think all but two shots were from a mark."

Deniliquin's 57.21 (363) to 1.1 (7) win pushed it into fifth spot in the Picola and District North West League, courtesy of a 37-point percentage boost.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/country-star-bags-31-goals/story-e6frf9jf-1225896888840

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Doggies should draft him. Would fit in well with their Dad's Army forward line.