By the way... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

By the way...

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
What does Krakouer have to do for a Rising Star nomination?

Everybody can see he's becoming a very good footballer and he's still young.

He kicked five goals against Essendon in a match winning display earlier in the year.

Loved McGrath's game, and hope he gets nominated, but I get the feeling Krak's been ripped off.

Is he eligible? If not, why not!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I think to be eligible you need to be under 21 years of age, and played less than 20 games

Not exactly sure though

Krakouer has now played 29 games

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
It has to do with both age and number of games played.

He would be ineligible because he's played too many games.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
If that's the case then it's a ridiculous award. Just means that only players who burst on the scene early, or who attract media hype from their position in the national draft will get it. Doesn't mean they'll be any good.

Biddiscome was nominated once.

Now that you've picked yourself off the floor, it's interesting to see that Ottens was never nominated - along with many other fine players.

Fair dinkum, their definition of 'young' is a bit harsh, I reckon.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Hungry said:
Now that you've picked yourself off the floor, it's interesting to see that Ottens was never nominated - along with many other fine players.

That would probably be because Gieschen ran him around the boundary line for the 2 years he was eligible in 1998 and 1999.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
From the AFL web site:

THE NATIONAL AFL RISING STAR AWARD

CRITERIA

The winning player must be under 21 years of age at 1 January of the season, not played more than ten matches and not been
suspended.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
although krak shows lots of potential i dont think hes played that many good games he had 17 possesions this week and his next best effort is twelve possesions most weeks it is single figure numbers ithink thats the reason why hes never been nominated