Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I love Higgins but a good trade IMO.
He may be only 1 head high hit away from forced retirement.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Higgins was playing great footy in 2018 before his head trauma.

My angst at his departure has waned. Bloody hard to crack our midfield. Even for the other young mids remaining.
Hope he goes well after all he's been through.

Reactions: 3 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Makes you wonder how many players at AFL level are happy to just be earning a very good wage for playing footy and couldn't give a toss about winning flags ... and by extension how much clubs weigh that up when they go recruiting.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Loved Higlet at Tigerland but bloody hell he’s gonna be annoying on the other side.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Overrated for me big time and took the weake option instead of fighting for a place in best 22 left did he believe in his ability?.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Gee Baker and Higlet are a good comparison. Baker a better footballer in virtually every category.

I suspect in a year's time he may be struggling to get a game at the saints as well.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Couldn't kick over a jam jar at the tigers and disposal efficiency iffy and tortoise slow. I hope he gets his 150 games with Saints and no September/October turkey with gravy. Not a big loss

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if we'll carry on the tradition. Before the bounce, grab Higlet and stick him in the middle of our huddle, and everyone can have a good laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Apparently carved it up in the match simulation for the Saints the other day. Both he & Butler kicked a few goals between them.
How good that our offcuts are standouts at other clubs?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Apparently carved it up in the match simulation for the Saints the other day. Both he & Butler kicked a few goals between them.

I look forward to seeing Markov play a full season this year.

Reactions: 2 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Still not sure we won't regret losing Higgins. Some seem to forget that he was returning from brain surgery last year.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Still not sure we won't regret losing Higgins. Some seem to forget that he was returning from brain surgery last year.
With such a strong, successful team with plenty of depth and an AFL Salary Cap in place, it's only natural that we will have players leaving who we wish wouldn't. But if we're going to have to lose good players, it's better a small forward where we have a few than a tall back.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think we will definitely regret it, as we do Butler and we will a few more before this run is over.
I don’t think we,ll regret Higgo going. Then again I didn’t think we’d regret Butler going....

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We have won a further 2 premierships since 2017 without Butler and Higgins.

Its safe to say we have done ok without them.

Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We have won a further 2 premierships since 2017 without Butler and Higgins.

Its safe to say we have done ok without them.
Yeah not losing any sleep over either of them. Would have been happy for both to stay but understand why they left and no issue with it.

That said Butler was in very ordinary form the last season and a half with us; injuries didn't help him. He started off on fire at the Saints but reckon he got worked out a bit late in the season. He will find a lot more work put into him this season; he won't catch teams off guard.

I like Higgo but he has some real limitations IMHO. Kicking and pace at the head of the list. For a small player he's not that quick and his field kicking is pretty ordinary. In his favour he does have a good footy brain.