Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Absolutely ridiculous that we managed to get Higgins.

We just won the premiership, and picked up the kid with the best stats in 15 years of champion data at pick 17!

Wow. Just wow.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
admittedly the rose coloured glasses are on, but there is something about this kid that reminds me of Stevie J

In a couple of plays in his highlight reel I'm pretty sure that was Naish delivering the balls tohim lace out.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Jonesracing82 said:
Champion Data rate this kid - Gun!

Yeah, good on him. But does he fill a need?
What does he add to team?
Back up small forward playing in the VFL
Stinker of a pick

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
se7en said:
Yeah, good on him. But does he fill a need?
What does he add to team?
Back up small forward playing in the VFL
Stinker of a pick
Kid has best jnr #'s CD have ever recorded.......

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
East Malvern Knights boy. Seen plenty of him and hired a running coach ( Bohdan ) from the age of 14 so super serious about making it. Great get. Seriously!

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
This bloke is going to be a real test of footballer vs AFL traits.

I am a real fan of footballers v athletes. I loved Caleb Daniel but even though he was short he had a penetrating kick to go with his elite ball use generally.

Our own Jack Graham had that explosiveness from a pack.

New Jack looks like he knows what to do, but he is short, slow, very laboured (if accurate) kick, no real explosiveness.

He can find it though and gives everything. Can also take a mark at junior level.

I obviously hope he makes it. Next few years will be interesting to follow's Jack's progress

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
rokkafella said:
Was a bit disappointed when I heard we picked up another small with our first pick, but after watching his highlights, he looks like a serious footballer.

Hmmmm I was slightly surprised given our needs and who else was around so when we grabbed him I just thought ‘man this kid must be good!’

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
lamb22 said:
This bloke is going to be a real test of footballer vs AFL traits.

I am a real fan of footballers v athletes. I loved Caleb Daniel but even though he was short he had a penetrating kick to go with his elite ball use generally.

Our own Jack Graham had that explosiveness from a pack.

New Jack looks like he knows what to do, but he is short, slow, very laboured (if accurate) kick, no real explosiveness.

He can find it though and gives everything. Can also take a mark at junior level.

I obviously hope he makes it. Next few years will be interesting to follow's Jack's progress

Geez Lamby, looking for stuff that isn't there and just what does "very laboured kick" mean? Does he go and build a brick wall first?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Apparently in the same mould of Zorko and Greene.
If is half as good, we have scored a ripper

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
hard worker, very professional, will fit into the culture, natural footballer, pressure is on this team, plenty of blokes will be putting their hands up for spots, I smell an era of success ahead.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
K3 said:
Geez Lamby, looking for stuff that isn't there and just what does "very laboured kick" mean? Does he go and build a brick wall first?

K3. Happy with the pick. Recruiters seem to overlook these types even though they dominate at the junior level.

If Jack makes it it basically cements in my mind take the footballer over the athlete.

On my limited viewing of his highlights he appears to have succeeded through hard work as there appears to be little natural physical ability in his game. His kicking is very accurate but not very fluent but accurate is probably much more important than fluent.

I am really intrigued to see how it pans out.