Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Mr Brightside said:
Definitely struggling, I’ll go against the grain and keep playing him, his atleast having a crack unlike others

I'd want him in the 1sts too. Club knows best.

Maybe he's got a habit of the nerves coz I remember him joking with Rio by showing the trembling of both hands after he kicked that 'throw' ;D goal against the Chokers last season.

trouble with his fumbling is that it's also happening when there no pressure on him

Reckon the public spat with the old PT has got to him.

He's better than what he's dishing up. Hopefully gets through this form slump.

Finding form in the 2nd half of the year could be a big bonus.

mad_tiggy911 said:
Reckon the public spat with the old PT has got to him.

He's better than what he's dishing up. Hopefully gets through this form slump.

Finding form in the 2nd half of the year could be a big bonus.

Yep, that could be a reason too. I forgot about that.

tigertim said:
I’ve never understood the “rest in the twos” theory. They’re still playing a game of football and presumably giving just as much as they would if playing AFL.

Its pretty fundamental TT.

its not a rest, but a reset.

the 2nds game is slower and easier.

A 1st player gets more ball and has more time to use it.

they remember how they play and confidence returns.

frawleyudud said:
This is what happens when the match committee refuses to drop you. Had he been dropped 5-6 weeks ago would have had some weeks in the 2s to get some touch and form and from there who knows. Leaving him in the ones has him mentally shot and doubt he will recover this year.

Hard to drop a guy when you have 6 of your top 10 on the injury list. Thats the issue - we dont have the luxury to drop players on form when injuries just keep growing.

And before you say it - yes, i agree - Boltoin should have played over him, in retrospective theory. In saying that - i would have played Higgins over Butler if that was the case

tigertim said:
I’ve never understood the “rest in the twos” theory. They’re still playing a game of football and presumably giving just as much as they would if playing AFL.

Yeah but without the crowd pressure and scrutiny that comes with it and also a slower paced game - they can try different things and freshen up more mentally I guess.

Mr Brightside said:
Definitely struggling, I’ll go against the grain and keep playing him, his atleast having a crack unlike others
I don't think its doing him any favours by playing him. His confidence is shot and getting worse by the game.

We have burnt another first rounder.
The premiership covers our continued failings in drafting.
He is way to small, he can’t kick further then 20 metres, he can handle the ball.
There’s goes pick 15....

bowden4president said:
I don't think its doing him any favours by playing him. His confidence is shot and getting worse by the game.
Solid point b4p , Rioli in the same boat, however there just the types I’d keep playing, hopefully it will only be a bit of 5 minute brilliance and they’ll be back. In saying that if we get a few back I think Higgins will get a run in the magoos

He was putrid against Adelaide and average for the last few weeks, but I think people have short memories on here.

Round 1 against Carlton: 17 touches and 3 goals.
Round 3 against GWS: 21 touches and a goal.
Round 5 against Sydney: 25 touches and 5 tackles.
Round 6 against Melbourne: 25 touches and 6 tackles.

Granted those games are a while a ago, and he's clearly badly out of form (and being asked to do too much for a 19 year old), but he can clearly play. Certainly not the write off some on here have made out.

St Kevin said:
He was putrid against Adelaide and average for the last few weeks, but I think people have short memories on here.

Round 1 against Carlton: 17 touches and 3 goals.
Round 3 against GWS: 21 touches and a goal.
Round 5 against Sydney: 25 touches and 5 tackles.
Round 6 against Melbourne: 25 touches and 6 tackles.

Granted those games are a while a ago, and he's clearly badly out of form (and being asked to do too much for a 19 year old), but he can clearly play. Certainly not the write off some on here have made out.

I.played well in 1976. Should i bring up my record.
Fkkk what he was doing in round 2, he is doing jack *smile* now

zippadeee said:
I.played well in 1976. Should i bring up my record.
kk what he was doing in round 2, he is doing jack sh!t now

The amount of injuries we have, they may call you up for the Saints game.

St Kevin said:
The amount of injuries we have, they may call you up for the Saints game.

Zip 28 touches
13 inside 50's
27 hardball gets.
27 kicks
19 tackles.

And thats all from the back.pocket.

I still reckon im better value then Menadue, Bulter, Houli and Carthwaite.

St Kevin said:
(and being asked to do too much for a 19 year old),
The same could be said for many of our players at the moment. With so much talent, experience n leadership missing from the team this year. Heaps more pressure is feeding downward to players that are more normally solid contributors n role players or simply not very experienced and they are struggling to cope with the constant load.

Probably the only player in the entire team who hasn't experienced a flat period n seen their form taper off at some time is young Stacka n he's just out there playing party games n having some fun.