Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
agree, needs a spell. Last game kept fumbling, this is unusual for Higgins. Needs to get the touch back, to be dangerous.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm thinking Garth also might get dropped as StKilda rely on Membrey, Parker, and Bruce who we can cover with Dave, Grimes, Tigga and Broad.

No real match up for Garthie unless they bring in another tall.

Marshall will be difficult to track around the ground for the Tigers.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Is it just me or does it seem like he has only one style of kick? Everything seems to loop and hang in the air, even his easy short passes.

Definitely needs a spell in the 2nds for a period.

His kicking is a liability at the moment. I didn’t notice his poor field kicking last year (just his set shots). Looks to be too careful with his kicking. Anyway needs a spell in the VFL.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
With stack now at HB, I would like to see Short play Higgins role as a link up player around wing/HF. Short is much quicker and a much better kick. His ability to hit our fwds and kick long range goals could be a real weapon.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looks like a kid that has lost his way a bit ,

maybe a little too much hype around his debut season was not good for him mentally ,

probably wouldve gone back earlier if it wasnt for the injuries .

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Too slow for a small.
We add to the million failed first rounders. We should’ve traded the pick to get someone in like a extra mid or a defender. Like what hawthorn did to get Bygoungye Lake and lekkas

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Has not looked the goods for some time maybe playing a different playing role because of injuries. He is going to have a few mates in magoos after emergencies named.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The fumbling has been chronic in recent weeks. Last year he was one touch on everything.
Is it confidence? Fatigue? Off field issues? Has he plateaued?
Whatever the reason's he's looked a shadow of the player we were so excited by last year.:confused:

A reminder not to over hype young players too quickly. (ie Stack, Balta, Baker etc)
The graph of development in kids is rarely a straight upward trajectory.
Hopefully Jack rebounds from this slump strongly & takes his game to another level..

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think Higgo has just gone through a bad patch, like all players do , couple of weeks in the magoos won’t hurt him, he’ll be back in a big way.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
sounds like a scene from Sons of Anarchy :)
Lol you only watch it to see Peggy Bundy.

The young bloke in the show was up here last year filming a Ned Kelly movie, had selfies with 90% of Wang, apparently was a ripper fella, rode his pushy round town and did all his own grocery shopping

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Is a classy player going through a rough patch. We forget sometimes he's only 20yo playing just his 2nd season of AFL footy.

Reactions: 2 users