Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not too smart little Higgo

Wants to play in a premiership after missing out last 2 years ( 2017 brain surgery & 2020 calf injury and couldnt get back)
then selects St Kilda who have only won 1 premiership in 100 years by 1 point.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out son

There History is the bounce of a ball.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He joins,
David Cloke
Geoff Raines
Bryan Wood
Trevor Poole
Peter Wilson
Tim Barling
Graig Lambert
Stuart Maxfield
Brad Ottens
Brett Deledio
Jack Higgins

Who have all said those words "I want to play else where or i want to be traded"

Besides Ottens and Maxfield, the rest were rubbish

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Good story while he was with us - but could never see him getting a game in a Richmond GF team
He was in our best and kicked 2 goals in the 2018 prelim loss to Collingwood. Would he have been dropped for the GF had we won?

Was referring to the scenario of him having decided to stay at Richmond for ‘21 and beyond - and I just couldn’t see him getting a permanent spot in any future team

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Was referring to the scenario of him having decided to stay at Richmond for ‘21 and beyond - and I just couldn’t see him getting a permanent spot in any future team
I dont see Houli being in a premiership team either.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Interesting, prediction of each club best 22 has Higgins on the bench for st kilda. You better work hard to keep your spot.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Interesting, prediction of each club best 22 has Higgins on the bench for st kilda. You better work hard to keep your spot.
Gresham , Billings , Butler playing in the foward line and Lonie o a 1 year contract wont want to give away his spot easily

Would be funny if he is stuck in the 2's for St Kilda

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Gresham , Billings , Butler playing in the foward line and Lonie o a 1 year contract wont want to give away his spot easily

Would be funny if he is stuck in the 2's for St Kilda

They are well stocked for smaller forward half forward types.

He must play through the middle or he might not get the regularity of games he is expecting.

They arent the Kangaroos next year, he's going to have to earn his spot.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Someone else on here outlined the two schools of thought in AFL circles atm: chaos vs control.

The problem I see with Jack is he’s probably a very good player in a ball control system, but he’s not suitable for a chaos system.

I think St Kilda’s philosophy is heading down the Richmond path.

They likely promised him more midfield time, and yes, he’ll accumulate decent stats in the middle - but my prediction is he may not fit their overall gameplan with the ball and they’ll end up playing him as a small forward in a similar role he played for us. He should still be a good player (he had 2-3 games in 2020 where he was one of our top 3-5 players on the ground), but the Saints might be in for a surprise if they’re hoping Higgins will explode like Butler did.

Butler is the prototypical chaos footballer in every way. Low possessions but clean, very fast, excellent defensive hunger, likeable, selfless, doesn’t stand out in supercoach.

Higgins is almost the polar opposite to Butler in every major area. He would’ve fit in perfectly at a club like Geelong, but he had his heart set on St Kilda due to the romance of it, so good luck to him. We know he’ll leave no stone unturned.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Someone else on here outlined the two schools of thought in AFL circles atm: chaos vs control.

The problem I see with Jack is he’s probably a very good player in a ball control system, but he’s not suitable for a chaos system.

I think St Kilda’s philosophy is heading down the Richmond path.

They likely promised him more midfield time, and yes, he’ll accumulate decent stats in the middle - but my prediction is he may not fit their overall gameplan with the ball and they’ll end up playing him as a small forward in a similar role he played for us. He should still be a good player (he had 2-3 games in 2020 where he was one of our top 3-5 players on the ground), but the Saints might be in for a surprise if they’re hoping Higgins will explode like Butler did.

Butler is the prototypical chaos footballer in every way. Low possessions but clean, very fast, excellent defensive hunger, likeable, selfless, doesn’t stand out in supercoach.

Higgins is almost the polar opposite to Butler in every major area. He would’ve fit in perfectly at a club like Geelong, but he had his heart set on St Kilda due to the romance of it, so good luck to him. We know he’ll leave no stone unturned.
Far too young for the Cats. He’s also unpredictable, and they don’t like that.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Just going through the "Sale" items on the Richmond website, and noticed what looks like a decapitated Higgo modeling one of the gurnseys. Can't mistake that ripped rig!!

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Training the house down at StKilda.
He never trained the house down with us!

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Training the house down at StKilda.
He never trained the house down with us!
We'd never know because we always had 25 others who were training the house down more than him

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He's a Sainter now. Not sure I think much of his chances of winning a flag with them. History weighs heavily against, but he should have lots of fun playing at the team he followed all his life.

Reactions: 3 users